Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New owner in NY

Kyle Schaeffer

Hey guys! Name is Kyle Schaeffer. Come from an old car family. Owned quite a few but never a bucket....until yesterday. And I dont know a thing about them. The one I picked up is about 90% complete but that last 10% is the part I have the most questions about. Look forward to the wealth of knowledge that is this site. Thanks!

Welcome aboard Kyle,

You have decades, if not centuries, of combined experience here, these guys are a true wealth of knowledge.

Tell us about your new T, a little at a time, so you get your 10 posts in so you can post pics.

Welcome from St Louis, Kyle. Like Island Girl said, tell us more about your new acquisition. Start with the engine & transmission/ rear axle.

It's a 350 bored .60 over. Aluminum heads, bigger cam, usual motor profile. Has a turbo 400 trans and what appears to be a Ford 8.8 rear end.

It's a 350 bored .60 over. Aluminum heads, bigger cam, usual motor profile. Has a turbo 400 trans and what appears to be a Ford 8.8 rear end.

That's a great start and should provide a good foundation for a T-bucket. Does it seem to have good components in other areas? Carburetor? Radiator? Brakes? Steering?

Not too sure of the make of the body. I've been doing some research to figure that out. Was hoping someone here would recognize the make.

I have a preliminary parts list put together. I'd like to get some input on it. Some things I'm not sure about such as placement of fuel tank/battery. What is used as a base in the truck bed? And questions about a seat riser.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back