Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New SoCal member

Mark23T

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Hello,

Mark from SoCal here. After FINALLY becoming an empty nester (30 years to get four kids in/out. lol), I finally bought a T-Bucket like I've wanted for almost 50 years.

It's a California Custom Roadsters '23 with a SBC, TH350, 10 bolt. All of the chrome and the induction package (big, bright tunnel ram w/Hilborne style scoop) drew me to this particular one after looking for some time. It sat for many years, had gummed up carbs, some bad seals, the usual.

After getting in to it and getting the carbs dialed in, it started fouling plugs. Turns out my "350 Chevy with 1200 miles since rebuild" turned out to be a 305 Chevy with about 120,000 on it from the looks of the carbon & bore scope of the cylinder walls. Did new valve seals and it's still oiling a set of plugs in 20-30 minutes. Luckily I saved the ad describing the motor, so I may have a legal leg to stand on getting some money back towards a new motor.

Looking forward to getting a crate motor in it, a 9 inch under it, etc... This will have me tinkering for many years.

Sorry for the "Debbie Downer" intro. LOL I'll work through this, will most likely have some questions as I get in to this and look forward to getting to a point that I can actually contribute!

Thanks for having me!

Welcome aboard, Mark. Looks like you found a keeper! CCR's design is a good one. Sorry about the engine snafu. I've seen a lot of 305-powered T-buckets, so I know they can be built to provide plenty of "go" in such a light car. Tunnel ram might be a little overkill, but . . .

H+.jpg

Welcome aboard from the warm, sunny, recently hurricane spawning, Caribbean . . . :cool:

Bummer your engine turned out to be a worn out 305, but then again, what better excuse for a nice 383 . . .

Unless you plan to really add some power, the 10 bolt may not be all that poor a choice to hang onto for a while.

Unless you plan to really add some power, the 10 bolt may not be all that poor a choice to hang onto for a while.

For sure... I'm in no hurry to ditch it and I doubt I'd ever overpower it. It's a tall geared, drum braked, one legger that could stand to be about 10" shorter than it is. Plus, being a former "12 bolt snob", I've always looked at Camaro, Chevelle, etc... rear end covers while sitting behind these lumpy cammed beasts at a stop light thinking to myself, "10 bolt. Meh". Now I are one. lol A 9 inch would be in the 5 year plan...

BTW, good luck with the weather, but I guess you're probably out of the woods by now.

Welcome from Wisconsin. My T is a CCR very happy with it. Sorry to hear about the engine. Hot rodding is a never ending fun job.

Welcome from Wisconsin. My T is a CCR very happy with it. Sorry to hear about the engine. Hot rodding is a never ending fun job.
Thanks! Is that 3 deuces I'm seeing on your profile pic? I'm kind of intrigued by the thought of a 3X2 set-up with progressing linkage. It seems like a much more reasonable choice than throwing as much fuel down this thing's throat as I am.

PS: Sorry for all the posts/replies but I'm desperately trying to get to 10 posts as I really need to post up a pic of a turn signal/mirror assembly that I need help ID'ing!

Calm down dude and just just post the T things that you need to know about....................

Thanks! Is that 3 deuces I'm seeing on your profile pic? I'm kind of intrigued by the thought of a 3X2 set-up with progressing linkage. It seems like a much more reasonable choice than throwing as much fuel down this thing's throat as I am.
Yes it is. I like the way it looks and that is the main reason I put them on.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back