Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New to the Forum from Los Angeles

kingzfan

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to the T-bucket world. My father built this machine from the ground up. He recently passed away and the car came to me.

I'm still figuring out what he did to the motor but I know it's a 383 stroker engine bored out. He let me know it's putting out over 700 at the crank (not verified).

I do know I want to honor his memory by putting this car into as many shows as possible. He won first place with it and I'm hoping to do the same.

Welcome, Kingzfan. These cars are so much fun to drive, and I'm sure your father would be honored if you'd drive it as well as show it. Post 9 more messages so you can put up some pics! (10 msgs required)

Welcome aboard from the Sunny Caribbean, . . sounds like a nice car.

Get that post count up so you can post some pics

Awesome! It's a '27! Island Girl will be up and running in hers pretty soon. Nice hot rod. ;):D

Wow, that is a nice one !

So I did a little research on the motor...and his imagination got the better of him. It's like the fish that got away. It's not a 383...it's a 327 stroker engine.
it does have edelbrock e-street heads and an edelbrock intake and carb.

maybe one day I might find out what the HP on this machine would be.

Don't under estimate a 327 in light vehicle like a T . . .

Back in '65, my dad, (bless his midlife crisis) bought a 327 / 365hp corvette with a 4 speed . . . even in that relatively heavy car, it could get sideways on you pretty quick if you weren't paying attention . . .

Those Edelbrock heads and intake bits don't come cheap, likely dad went first class on the build. Even though it's no where near that 700hp number, it'll feel like it in a 1900 lb car.

Darlene

Last edited:
So I did a little research on the motor...and his imagination got the better of him. It's like the fish that got away. It's not a 383...it's a 327 stroker engine.
it does have edelbrock e-street heads and an edelbrock intake and carb.

maybe one day I might find out what the HP on this machine would be.

Looking on the Edelbrock website for top end kits, there's only one with E street heads and a carb intake. It's spec'd at 315hp on a 350 block with 9.5 cr.

Allowing for some variation in your parts from the kit, but keeping in mind the flow capability and valve spring selections for the E street heads; somewhere between 300 and 325 would be a real reasonable estimate.

Back in the olden days I had a 1964 Chevy Nova. I bought it as a basket case. I pulled the engine, tore it apart and rebuilt it. It turned out to be a 327 with camel hump heads and a 4 speed. I pulled the engine. Freshened up the block with new rings and bearings, did a valve job on the heads and put in a new 365 horse solid lifter cam. That thing was fast and scary. And a lot of fun. One day it succumbed to an engine fire. What the fire didn't destroy the firemen did! I sold it to a couple of different guys for parts. One guy needed an engine for his car and another guy made it into a race car, straight axle and all.
Sometimes I wish I still had it. Then again there times I wish I had every car I ever owned!

So I got a little update with the person he was doing the build with.
They guy says it a 327 block bored out to a 383 stroker. Although I love working on car and engines...I really don't know how much HP and Torque that can throw out there with the heads and stuff.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back