Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New to the Forum

Coupefreak

Howdy do folks.:)

My name is Vance, and I am currently building a C-cab.
I have a steel body, doors, running boards, etc. that I "aquired" from a friend. I recently purchased an older Total frame, a Super Bell I-beam axle, econoline spindles, etc.
I currently have a '34 Ford 3-window Coupe that I built from the ground up. SBC, Powerglide, Mustang II fornt suspension, Lincoln Disc rear, etc.

am looking forward to building this C-cab. I don't have alot of experience with I beam axle, radius rods, etc. so I prolly be asking alot of questions:eek:

please bear with me :welcome:

Thanks in advance for the help

Vance

Welcome. Looking forward to hearing about your project. I'm new here too. That's ok. I have found that the folks here are more than willing to help if they can. That is a good thing these days.

PaulR

Howdy Vance. Look forward to seeing some pics. It will be interesting to see a metal C Cab.

Dale
In the Rio Grande valley

That '34 sounds nice. Don't be affraid to show it off.:)

YO COUPEFREAK WELCOME sorry about the caps i aint yellin. sounds like u got it going. a word of advice on ur spindels. if ur putting a ford hub on them ur ok. if ur going to put on spindle mount wheels good luck. only wire wheels and one other co makes spindle mounts and they are 12hundred bucks. so stay with the hub and a ton of wheels will fit.. i learned this and wound up having a machine shop make me a hub and cut a wheel and put them together. good luck mike

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the info.
I'll try to post a couple pix of my Coupe.
I'm really kicking around the idea of steelies and possibly wide whites, dunno yet. I got some time to decide. I think I want fenders too.
my Coupe is full fendered.........still dunno.

Vance

OK. lemme see if Ican post a picture.............

th_100_0949.jpg

Vance

th_100_0354.jpg

a little closer this time

Vance

th_C-cabframe.jpg

start of my build-up, not alot to work with, so far

Vance

th_c-cab02.jpg

got both doors, they need a little work

hopefully I can save it from being "yard art":eek:

Vance

That '34 looks really nice!

I'm feeling the love on the gennie tin. I hope you can stick with her. There's not a lot of people that have braggin' rights on real Henry tin.

tfeverfred said:
That '34 looks really nice!

I'm feeling the love on the gennie tin. I hope you can stick with her. There's not a lot of people that have braggin' rights on real Henry tin.

Thanks Fred, I pretty proud of my '34 too.

I think I can salvage the C-cab. its gonna take some work, but I think I can do it. my Nephew is the Lead Fabricator for a steel shop here in Amarillo, he gets me 16 & 18 ga "drops" all the time, so I got patch panel material. I think I may leave one or two bullet holes, just for character :cool:

Vance

Bullet holes for character!? Heck, there's a couple neighborhoods in Houston with a lot of charater then!:)

Nice 34!! I agree with Fred on the bragging rights having some original steel. Just a little good natured jealousy:lol::).

PaulR said:
Nice 34!! I agree with Fred on the bragging rights having some original steel. Just a little good natured jealousy:lol::).

If ya see it up close, you wouldn't be jealous:eek:
might feel some pity......but no jealousy:rolleyes:

got alot of work ahead of me, but I'm up to the challenge.
I have some fair fabricating skills, from several years building stock cars. and I did learn alot building my '34. but its IFS, so this will be my first I-beam axle build. I'll be using Ford Econoline spindles. I have noticed there are several different ways of hooking up the steering, does anybody have a set of plans for using econoline spindles??

Thanks
Vance

Looks like a good start Vance. Looking forward to seeing the progress with the C-Cab. Love that 34.

thomas:)

In my opinion, the '32 looks a little mellow compared to the lines of the '34. The '34 is kinda sinister lookin'. Of course the '34 in "The California Kid" and the ZZ Top '34 are a big influence on that.

I agree.
the '32 has its place in automotive history, however, the '34 was the last year Henry did it right:D

Vance

The lines on the '32 are classic, but the lines on the '34 just flow.

The fellow I work for has a '34 Outlaw car he purchased turn-key. He wanted to convert the rack & pinion to a power rack, so he tore the front end off the car. Whilst he was at it, he decided to yank out the 305 that was in it and bought a ZZ4 to replace it.

And it's been sitting for 5-6 years, just like that. No motor, no front end, etc. :rofl: It's almost enough to make me scream.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back