Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

new to T's 27?

bent metal

I think I'm in the right place? I'm looking into building a 27 T from a kit. I want to buy a kit as complete as possible. I am hoping to find some suggestions here on the do's and don'ts of doing this kind of build from guys that have done it. I'd like to go through the whole process and document it here on this thread. Never having built a T, I am looking for helpful guidance.

IF you want a '27 Kit, your best bet is Spirit Cars which is a sponsor her (see top of forum and click). Josh @Hulkamania on this forum is one of the key guys there and can answer any questions. Speedway also has a '27 kit as well. Not sure if anyone else has a "kit" for the '27s. CCR (Also a sponsor) has a '27 frame package and you can get a body from another vendor. I built mine with a Poliform Body (no longer in business) and built the frame and everything else. We have another '27 that is a Speedway "Track T" body. If you have any '27 questions, I can certainly help ya.

Like Ben indicates, the 27 is a little different from the run-of-the-mill 23 T-bucket, but the builds are pretty much the same. You need to look at as many 'built' 27s as you can, to see what you like/don't like. Things like what ride height you are looking for will affect the way you build it. You're in the right place for advice, since there are some really skillful builders (not me!) on this forum. I also encourage you to talk to some of the vendors, and get their take on what's involved. They're all good people.:thumbsup:

Gonna watch this build. My son just started a 27 roadster. Need to figure a frame out. I built a CCR frame for my 23 but haven't figured out what a 27 roadster frame looks like.

G'Day Cooter,
Love the age your young bloke is starting his hobby, will last his lifetime. Wescotts auto has all the original frame dimensions on their site if that helps with your frame design.
Regards,
Mike.

I meant "your" car, need more coffee.
I give you credit for making the correction. Most don't seem to know the difference between "your" and "you're" let alone "there", "their" or "they're" and many other words that they were taught in grade school. I'm sorry for this comment but I take great pride in our English language and the proper use of it. Please try to understand that we must respect ALL of what our country is about.

Jim

A friend of mine built this one for under $5,000 15 years ago. Chevy 305, TH 350 trans. Unfortunately he lost it in a fire last summer.:notworthy::unsure:

PS - He did the flames himself.

flanery.jpg Flanery2.jpg

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back