Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

new to T's 27?

I give you credit for making the correction. Most don't seem to know the difference between "your" and "you're" let alone "there", "their" or "they're" and many other words that they were taught in grade school. I'm sorry for this comment but I take great pride in our English language and the proper use of it. Please try to understand that we must respect ALL of what our country is about.

Jim
I agree with you about basic grammar, etc... It seems, however, that many true gear heads were not excellent spellers, readers, or authors. They use different sides of the brain... I agree about respecting all of our country, including the constitution and ALL of the amendments, but from memory, this sites rules do not agree, some are forbidden. Go figure.

The other thing is if you use your Smart Phone or I Phone to reply to a post. There are times that it will choose a word, or words, that you did not want to use. Helps to make you look like an idiot. I don't need any help with that. I do a fine job all by myself!
Bill

The other thing is if you use your Smart Phone or I Phone to reply to a post. There are times that it will choose a word, or words, that you did not want to use. Helps to make you look like an idiot. I don't need any help with that. I do a fine job all by myself!
Bill
Not only will our “smart devices” elect to change our words, at times they seem to fight to over rule our word choices... I’m no saint, trust me on that, but I catch myself spewing more profanity in the process of attempting to author simple replies thanks to this wonderful technology.

Turn off the predictive text option.

It's a double edge sword. You like when it corrects the word you misspelled but not when it makes you say something you didn't want to say.

You can leave the spell check on, but get rid of the predictive text.

The killer for me is using different devices that have different spell and predictive systems... I get used to one and the other one gets me, then the updates come along and change everything. I get used to not capitalizing, then it elects not to, etc... the predictive is nice for texting or messaging on a phone, not so much on the iPad or laptop, it’s sometimes angervating, lol.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back