Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Newbie from calif

lostboy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I'm new to this forum but not new to t buckets. I built my first on in 1983 here are a couple pics. I did 99 percent of the work. My mom sewed the seat everything else was me was built at a total cost of 2000. Dollars. Drivetrain came from my wrecked falcon. 260. 4sp. 8inch. Bought an econoline a le complete for 25.00. Welded everything with my Montgomery wards arc welder my dad bought me. Till this day I love t buckets think there the most fun hot rod you can have. Happy to be able to join just a great site

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    968 KB · Views: 42
I'm new to this forum but not new to t buckets. I built my first on in 1983 here are a couple pics. I did 99 percent of the work. My mom sewed the seat everything else was me was built at a total cost of 2000. Dollars. Drivetrain came from my wrecked falcon. 260. 4sp. 8inch. Bought an econoline a le complete for 25.00. Welded everything with my Montgomery wards arc welder my dad bought me. Till this day I love t buckets think there the most fun hot rod you can have. Happy to be able to join just a great site
1983...Those were the days! I just didn't know it then. I sure miss being able to pull off low dollar builds like that. It's hard to find much at the bone yards anymore, but that's were I done the majority of shopping for my hot rod parts back then.

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois.

Welcome from Columbus, Ohio
What part of Columbus do you call home? Do you ever venture to Lancaster Ohio? A friend of mine holds a weekly car show at the DQ on Fair avenue on Thursday evenings from April through October. There is no theme or fee's, just guys with various cars and projects mostly telling lies and eating stuff they shouldn't...lol. Never know who or what you might see.

I am, I have a 27 body and probaly half the parts and a storage unit filled with parts for a 36 pick-up. Been collecting parts forever just finished my part of a 39 ford pu for my brother . It has a jag rear,mustang front with a 350. 4sp. Just have body work to finish. But he will tackle some of the mi or assembly

Back then the junk yards would let you roam to look for stuff it was great. Bought a econoline axle last year but this time it cost me 100.00 dollars. Lot more than the first time

Back then the junk yards would let you roam to look for stuff it was great. Bought a econoline axle last year but this time it cost me 100.00 dollars. Lot more than the first time
Yea, The money is one thing, but the stuff is getting pretty scarce. The scrap industry has gobbled most of it up. Not to mention the fact that it's been 30-40 years or so (a lot longer for most of it) since a lot of the good stuff was produced. Good thing we got some good ideas coming from the aftermarket guys!

Actually live in Delaware Ohio. Used to live in Lancaster 20 years ago. I will have to take a trip to the DQ next season.

Nice! I am glad to see you built your car for $2000.00. Just goes to show everyone that it can be done if you really want it. I like your thinking and spirit!

George

Welcome from New Hampshire. Keep as posted as your build progresses.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back