Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Newbie on board!

Hello everyone,
I have just found and joined the forums. I am not a T bucket owner but am working hard to try to be.
My adventure with Mode T Ford's began in 1990 when I was 20 and I bought a VERY rough 27 Roadster body and the frame and running gear of a '23 T. I planned on putting the two together into a drivable car but as many of you know sometimes if just don't happen, I got tied up with a 66 Mustang I own and had no time or money for the T so I ended up selling everything except the Radiator shell and the bare frame. A few years later the frame was accidently sold as scrap iron by my dad :sad: so all I have left now is the Radiator shell (I believe it is the low style). I had a damaged spot fixed on the shell this week and now my NEW plan is to build my own frame and order a new fiberglass '23 body and turtledeck and use the radiator shell I have. I plan on it being a semi-rat rod 4 banger. My plan is to paint the body red primer and leave the surface rust on the radiator shell and have it powered by a mid-80's Ford 2.3 liter with an auto trans.
A strange way to build a Bucket (from the radiator back and with a 4 banger) I suppose but that is what I plan to do.
Nice to meet everyone.
Wp

Wecome to the forum :welcome:you will find a ton of info here.As far as starting with just the grill shell most folks just have a thought youre building yours in your head from the grill back.Keep us posted with pics as you go along.

Sandmountainslim,

Glad to have you on the forum. Nothing strange about a 4 banger to me. I too have thought about it but being in the mountains I think I need a little more torque and will probably use an inline six and a 5 speed. Good luck with your project. By the way, where are you located?

George

Looks like you got most of what you need. Now just a few supporting parts and you'll be hi ballin'. I'm not sure where in Alabama Sand Mountain is located but I was stationed at Redstone in Huntsville in 1965. It was there that I had my first roadster/bucket. Really liked that place,

George

fluidfloyd said:
Looks like you got most of what you need. Now just a few supporting parts and you'll be hi ballin'. I'm not sure where in Alabama Sand Mountain is located but I was stationed at Redstone in Huntsville in 1965. It was there that I had my first roadster/bucket. Really liked that place,

George

I am about 60 miles east and south of Huntsville but I do alot of work there and am very familiar with Redstone Arsenal. Huntsville is a GREAT town, a pleasure to work in.
Wp

Welcome to the forum Sandmountainslim, there's nothing wrong with just having a radiator shell, it just puts you one step closer to having your dream.

Welcome Sandy, I like the vision you have for your car. I think the ford 2.3 is a good choice. After all the original hot motor in these were 4 bangers. A grille shell is a good place to start a build, some have only started with an idea.

Oh I do have more part other than the grill shell for the project but is not a factory T part. It is the I-Beam front axle from a '34 Ford. It should fit into the project nicely.
Wp

sandmountainslim said:
Oh I do have more part other than the grill shell for the project but is not a factory T part. It is the I-Beam front axle from a '34 Ford. It should fit into the project nicely.
Wp

That would be a good piece for the build. I may be doing a chevy 4 in mine but might have a header flange for 2.3l.

Sandmountainslim,

Nothing wrong with installing a 2.3L in a T, :lol: here's mine:
Enginewithnewfirewall.jpg

Just installed an aluminum firewall. It's still a work in progress but should be ready for the warm weather.

Bruce

WP, welcome to the T-Bucket Forums!

This goes to show how small this world can really be, I suppose. It would likely put your memory to the test, but we've bumped into one another on a couple other forums. As I said, it would test your memory as it has been 2-3 years.

Perhaps it would jog your memory if I had not said 'welcome', but had said 'Ceud mle filte' instead. ;)

A little more progress on my project!
A friend located me a used '88 Ford 2.3 lltre and automatic trans today so now I have:

Original 23 T Grill Shell
I-Beam from 34 Ford
2.3 drivetrain

Now if I could afford the body and frame I would be nigh rollin' like Ralph Malph!!

If any of you need 3/4 of an original Low Radiator Shell for a wall hanger or whatnot I have one for sale really cheap.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back