Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

NO More Water

RocknT

Surfing You Tube I seen this and did it !!
I was spending quite a bit on air line filters and water traps trying to keep the water out of my tools and sand blast cabinet or basically anything that I hooked my air hose to.
Well this did the trick and was dirt cheap.. I am going to add a check valve on the discharge by the head and cooling fan that will kick on when the compressor does . Maybe someone else can benefit from it to.

Very good idea.

I used old medical sintered bronze filters. Had a guy around here that bought a bunch of them a an auction sold them off for $10 each. I put one right on the blaster and one on the air line coming out of the tank. So far no water makes it to the 2nd filter.

I looked at those but I was guessing that as hot as it is in my garage and the heated air from compressor was cooling down in the hose and making water ,, so far it has been working great I do kinda abuse my compressor run it way longer than I should before letting it cool down,, I have decided I am going to get a screw type compressor this winter ,,as I have been getting quit a bit sand blasting to do,,

I use a Franz toilet paper oil filter. in-line close to the air outlet, as the 'hose' if laying on the concrete, makes/ads even more water... Works great and is cheap and easy to install...
That is what I use on my compressor and on my ESAB 1000 Plasma. Around my shop at the quick changes, I have a dropdown with a forming a J. At the bottom of the J, I have a 1" Ball valve.
On my compressor tanks, I mount a 90, run my hose up top. Right by my startup switch and emergency stop, a ballvalve is right there with a line going thru the wall. A couple of times a day, just crack the ballvalve, blow out the water....saves rust in your compressor tank.
Today, I'm installing a electric drain....I have it hooked to a timer, every so often (once a Hour) , it'll blow for about 10 to 15 seconds.
At the end of the hose, I have a small air muffler, to keep dirt dobbers and critters outta the hose. Also, makes it quieter.

That is what I use on my compressor and on my ESAB 1000 Plasma. Around my shop at the quick changes, I have a dropdown with a forming a J. At the bottom of the J, I have a 1" Ball valve.
On my compressor tanks, I mount a 90, run my hose up top. Right by my startup switch and emergency stop, a ballvalve is right there with a line going thru the wall. A couple of times a day, just crack the ballvalve, blow out the water....saves rust in your compressor tank.
Today, I'm installing a electric drain....I have it hooked to a timer, every so often (once a Hour) , it'll blow for about 10 to 15 seconds.
At the end of the hose, I have a small air muffler, to keep dirt dobbers and critters outta the hose. Also, makes it quieter.
I bought the HF automatic valve it dont work for s***. The condenser is a great idea.

We use a refrigerated drier in the shop, for all the shop air. We had to have it for the plasma. Then right before the plasma we run the toilet paper looking, Motor Guard filter. It sure helped he life of the plasma consumables.

Interesting setup. Like RPM, our shop uses a refrigerated dryer. Its a must with a coating shop like ours. Any water will reek havoc with the spray and powder coating. We bought the IR dryer as a "scratch and dent, and works great with the 30hp Eaton compressor. It constantly shoots the water it draws outside. It will surprise you if you are standing next to it.
WP_001178.jpg

Oh that's bad azzz !! but needed for that compressor ,,

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back