Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

No space

License plate mount..
dave

License plate bracket.

<slaps forehead> to me it appeared that the T was fastened to the axle :confused:

Does anyone know where those spring plates are available from? They look like good candidates for repurposing to mount the chin of the fiberglass nose I plan on using.

California Custom Roadsters makes those but here's another idea on that.

View attachment 11179 View attachment 11180

The ones you picture there would work, but I like the one above better because there would be no welding to the spring perch required...my welding skills share the same address with non existent. Also, it would make it easier to convert to a conventional radiator shell if I change my mind later (I have a nice 1920 Hupmobile shell, that would be really unique). I'll have to go back to the CCR site and start scrounging (and drooling) again.

I will do as RPM says because i trust his learned sugestions and the fact that both the frame and front axle and upper shock mount are from RPM!

FrontShocks008.jpg

Here is a better shackle plate to use, if you don't have enough clearance. Yes that is also a 26" spring.

I believe the axle is what the shocks are damping and if this is correct i can place the lower shock mount on the axle.

Usual problem w/mounting at the axle is it puts shock mount further from he frame mount , otherwise yea , you're trying to control the axle/tire wheel..etc.
dave

Just got a good look ar your clevis , if those are cast , toss 'em over the fence , no where near strong enough.....:eek:
dave

Seems like alot of messing around when a shackle change will probably fix your problem ???????
dave
Look around on here for Lee in KC 's mounts

Kinda but i have not welded the shock towers onto the frame yet and i just think the shocks are going to be to close to the frame and radius rod

Seems like alot of messing around when a shackle change will probably fix your problem ???????
dave
Look around on here for Lee in KC 's mounts

Yep, just change The shackle[nut side] with the triangle shackle[ triangle up for shock] and test fit for the upper shock mount and proper length shock. Can't be too close to anything then, unless you mount the upper bracket wrong.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back