Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Northstar T is taking shape

I hear ya Ted. but the day after you throw anything away is the day you will need it. BTDT.
As to wood stoves, I have a barrel stove in my shop. works great!! and there's no insulation in my shop either.
I just delivered a hyd press to my uphoulstery guy, and of course looked I at my T wile there. first time I've seen the car since I dropped it off a week ago. WOW!! I'm as giddy as a school girl in summer. he has the top done, as well as 99% of the interior. waiting on carpet, which may be in today. he needed the press to punch out the multitude of button covers for the diamond button-tuck interior, and his arbor press wouldn't cut the material we're using very well. He has captured the look I was after exactly. I think from your background and tastes in Ts you're gona love this interior also. the gold color interior and tan top really set off the whole car.

oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy,
Russ

As to wood stoves, I have a barrel stove in my shop. works great!! and there's no insulation in my shop either.
I used to have wood heat and put reflective insulation on ceiling that helped tremendously.

Extra space, I have used up all my so called extra space, I now believe I just have too much stuff, which I am now going to start calling it junk... If you don't use it for 3 years, you probably don't need it, well I have stuff that has been sitting way longer than that... IF and I say IF! I was to build a new car, than a lot of that STUFF would be used and/or then tossed to my neighbor, as He is always building something... Being much younger than myself, He is like I used to be... My garage is bigger than my house, but has less (free) room inside, so, I am starting a big house/garage cleaning job this Spring... I could not build anyway till I get some space, freed up...
Be nice to be able to burn here more, may be a fun way to heat things in the cool weather... Had a Friend in Minnesota that used his Barn all year round to work on cars/body and paint... In the cold of Winter He was able to work in a Tee shirt out there, all because he has a great wood heater, tow goof!! two = 2, 55 gal drums, one welded just over the top of the bottom burner section, with the ends cut out of that top barrel, and a fan blowing air through the top barrel, what a great job of heating the whole place that did... and you could throw a cat threw the large spaces between the outside Barn boards... no insulation of any kind.. :)

Well there I did it again, did not fully read my whole post over close enough, and the spell checker will not catch words, but I have this very bad problem, I hit the keys NEXT to the keys I really want,,, like that word TOW when I wanted it to be two I switch numbers and letters all the time, more lately... Sorry guys, I have found that I have always done this, but never used to know it... no wonder I used to get so many wrong numbers when I called people. daaaaaaaaaa

Back from the interior shop today. Yup.. I like it. just a couple very very minor things I'll have him change sometime down the road. like having the upholstery go over the top of the door, and a wider bed cover. the bed cover was a freebie, so I can't complain too much about that one however :rolleyes: . the one piece floor mat was another freebie, and totally his doing. I like that one a LOT. what a great idea.

Russ

395326708.jpg

395326746.jpg

395326702.jpg

and:

395326746.jpg

395326751.jpg

395326754.jpg

When I first heard "gold interior" I thought, hmmm .... I don't know. Now that I see the whole set up, well ..... BITCHEN! Nothin' left to do but drive it. Could we pretty please maybe get a video of ya'll driving around and a recording of the sound that motor makes (maybe get on it a little).

Excellent work, enjoy, John

Great job on the interior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice. The diamond windows in the top go well with the interior. Those rear wheels look like Convo-Pro's but I don't understand the small black ovals.

Jeff

Boy
That was worth the wait. Its superb. I do agree with you about the door needing a roll to match the rest.

Bet your itching for a good run. Congrats on getting your dream.
Gerry

Is there something different with the induction system?

Ya. I put the stock injection system back on wile I'm doing some touch-up work on the ITB setup.

409T:
the rear wheel are made by Centerline. not my favorite wheel, but one of the few I found in the dimentions I wanted for a price I could afford. I'd love to have aluminum slots actually. ;)

Russ

HI---Russ can you say who did the upholstery? very cool!!

Absolutly.

Gregs Upholstery on Rogue River Hwy. Grants Pass, Oregon - 541-471-1786

I forgot to ask; Is it comfortable?
Gerry

I forgot to ask; Is it comfortable?
Gerry

7 miles really isn't enough seat time to know for sure, but it feels very comfortable just sitting there. it does have cut outs in the seat board, and the shape of the upholstered seat matches my butt really well. Greg (upholstery guy) was concerned that the buttons might be a bit uncomfortable to sit on, but I couldn't feel them at all on the drive home. I think cloth is hard to beat for comfort as well as looks. IMHO. I'll sure be glad when it gets over 40* again, so I can drive it some more for further "evaluation" :egypt:

Russ

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back