Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Northwest newbie

Neonhorse

Just picked up a tbucket body off of craigslist. Looks like it was an older build that was taken apart.
I picked up an online copy of how to build a tbucket for under 3k, which seems like a good blueprint for a start.
This is where it goes weird. I just picked up a Nissan 240 sx. 2.4 four cylinder, 5 speed, rwd. I plan on using this drivetrain, and possibly the IRS.
Besides the fact that many will consider this sacrilege, has anyone done this? The closest I have seen is RB26det swap. But that is a 6.
Thanks.

Oh yeah, didn't really introduce myself. Old dude, bad hotrod habit. Also building a traditional style 33 Plymouth 2 door sedan street rod with an old school 392 hemi.
I also have a 51 dodge wayfarer that I am considering selling and a 48 roadmaster that my wife has claimed as her own.
Always wanted a tbucket since I saw my first ones at car shows in the 70s. Figured some day one would fall into my lap, and it took longer than I expected. Looking forward to the build. As soon as I can figure out how to upload a picture of the body I will as I would love to know the history if anyone recognizes it.

Welcome, Neon! Sounds like an interesting build, and bangers always make cool old-school bucket engines. BTW, you'll need to post 10 messages before this site will allow you to upload pictures, so . . . start by answering some questions: What type front end are you considering? Traditional seems to be spring-behind "suicide style." Where in the Northwest do you hail from?

4 cyl bucket.jpg

Easiest first, I am from Arlington, wa. About an hour north of Seattle, or two hours at rush hour.
Not sure on the front end. I am thinking of getting the speedway set up as it is simple. But I am keeping an eye out for other abandoned projects to help me build this on the cheap.
I have a ton of parts. I have complete gauge package, new steering column, original T grill shell, wheels and tires galore. My wife would probably say I was a hoarder, but I keep it all in the garage.

Welcome from Oklahoma!

Welcome from Springtime in Southern New Mexico......

What's up with all the T buckets in Florida. Looks like I have to move there. Great place for cars with no roof.

How do you Floridians do when it gets hot? I have thought about moving there for years, have relatives north of Sarasota, the Silver Springs, and Ocala areas. We have friends who are about to retire in the panhandle but they are concerned with the traffic and congestion. Their parents live there and they routinely visit and say that the population has exploded with people from the west coast relocating to the warm climate and lower cost of living. Per them, the infrastructure is very much behind the curve. I like it in winter, but the heat is hard to take in summer, at least in central and south Florida, seemingly worse with age. I used to love hot weather when I was younger, not so much now.

Having lived in Northeast Ohio for over sixty years I VERY much enjoy the heat in central Florida. Not to mention the roads that are FAR superior to the "pothole" pathways in Ohio.

Jim

Reactions: Guy
Another Florida welcome Neonhorse! I have been in South Florida for 20 years and the summers are hot and humid. Usually, I just don't plan doing much outside during the hottest parts of the day. Although in August, that is about from 10am to about 4pm. : ) Unless, I am taking the boat out on the Gulf, much cooler out there.

How do you Floridians do when it gets hot? I have thought about moving there for years, have relatives north of Sarasota, the Silver Springs, and Ocala areas. We have friends who are about to retire in the panhandle but they are concerned with the traffic and congestion. Their parents live there and they routinely visit and say that the population has exploded with people from the west coast relocating to the warm climate and lower cost of living. Per them, the infrastructure is very much behind the curve. I like it in winter, but the heat is hard to take in summer, at least in central and south Florida, seemingly worse with age. I used to love hot weather when I was younger, not so much now.
I'm with EX JUNK on this one, I really love the hot weather. I was born & raised in Northern England so I've seen more than my fair share of snow & ice.. Moving here 20 years ago was a great move..

I say the same as JIM B mow lawns in early am or after supper , work on my T in AC garage , and there's my salt water pool that never gets used but will this year . if my kids aren't going use it i will put a T shirt on and swim trunks and take a dip and get on the mower works for me

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back