Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Not a good day

Spanky when I had that accident in Tucson back in 2008 I was with Hagerty Insurance (I still am with them) by the way the accident happened on Saturday night and I called them on the Sunday on the way home to NM.
By Monday I had an adjuster in my Shop with a stack of catalogs from Speedway/Jegs/Summit and one other catalog. Before he left that day he had a list of parts that I needed and Hagerty had the report in their hands, that day, for 3500 bucks with a 20% contingency. I had a check for that much but the next Monday and they let me do all the work.....I got 300 more dollars for unseen things before it was all said and done...........That is why I am still insuraned by Hagerty to this day.....

I hope your deal works just a great as my only claim did from my insurance Company Hagerty.....

Spanky when I had that accident in Tucson back in 2008 I was with Hagerty Insurance (I still am with them) by the way the accident happened on Saturday night and I called them on the Sunday on the way home to NM.
By Monday I had an adjuster in my Shop with a stack of catalogs from Speedway/Jegs/Summit and one other catalog. Before he left that day he had a list of parts that I needed and Hagerty had the report in their hands, that day, for 3500 bucks with a 20% contingency. I had a check for that much but the next Monday and they let me do all the work.....I got 300 more dollars for unseen things before it was all said and done...........That is why I am still insuraned by Hagerty to this day.....

I hope your deal works just a great as my only claim did from my insurance Company Hagerty.....
Good deal. The last ordeal I head with Allstate turned into three years of fighting, they hired “independent” contractors to come investigate and try to insinuate that I had caused the wind damage even though I had a weather report from a municipal air strip close to me that coresponded with my claim, 90+ mph straight line winds. I ended up filing a complaint with the Ohio department of insurance and hired my own contractors to negate theirs... they lost and had to pay more than the initial claim because of weather and bird damage resulting from their assholeiness... I had been insured with them since ‘92 with numerous policies on rentals, home, cars, umbrella, etc... couldn’t believe their attitude. I have had four or five claims on different things through the years, hardly enough to merit such scrutiny. I think it depends on the particular adjuster, claim manager. I had similar experience with Progressive, once as being insured by them and once when their insured rear ended my sons car. I will NEVER do business with them again. Now I must give credit where due: Allstate was awesome when my daughter rolled my jeep... didn’t even ding me for deductible. I guess their auto and property are separate entities. My agent told me that I have a awesome auto policy from back in the day and no one offers one that competes today... told me to never let it lapse.

I like that. “Assholeiness”.
Spanky, good luck with your claim. we all can Bragg about how good our insurance is until we file a claim and then get screwed over by them. I would have used a different word than “screwed” but I want to be respectful to the sensitive ears.

Sparky. I got a pair of Chevy spindles from Nostalgia Sid in Guthrie Ok. I have a set of modified spindles that were a little strange. If they will work for you I’ll give them to you after t get mine machined to match them.

That's very kind of you, John.

(And BTW, it's Spanky . . . you know, Little Rascals???)

Spanky, Speaking of “Not a good day” how’s the insurance claim coming along? I hope they’re not giving you a hard time.

I would try to get them to pay for a pair of tyres rather than just replace one, stating the light front end needs tryes with the same wear on then to make it perform to specification. JMHO

No, they're being very good about it. I am working on repairs now. New oil pan, spindle, tire & wheel and headers. Only trouble is back order on spindles from Speedway.

Hey, That's really good news . . . well except the back order part . . . .

Gerry makes a good point . . can't hurt to see if they'll accept it.

No, they're being very good about it. I am working on repairs now. New oil pan, spindle, tire & wheel and headers. Only trouble is back order on spindles from Speedway.

Spanky - Always good to hear about good service. Who are you insured with?

I, too, am with State Farm for the house and everyday drivers. However, State Farm in NC, refused to cover me for the replacement value! Therefore, Hagerty!

Spanky

Attachments

• proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 24
  • proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 22
  • If I was a Car.png
    If I was a Car.png
    388.4 KB · Views: 25
  • money.jpg
    money.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 24

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back