Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Not a good day

Spanky it is all about the agent that you are working with cause about 5 years ago I have State Farm and I had had them for over 40 years until one day I got in the mail a major increase and I called the agent and asked what had changed he said that across the board they had a rate increase.
The next day I called a friend that was selling insurance for some quotes. She insured me for almost twice as much as State Farm for somewhat less money.
I called State Farm and told them to cancel my insurance on all my cars & home/shop. The First thing out of his mouth was lets take a closer look at your insurance/price, I told him after 40+ years if I did not already have the best & cheapest prices that they had to offer it was way too late....Safeco has been really good to me since them.....I put my hot rods on with Hagerty because they would do agreed value for a smaller cost that Safco or State Farm wanted and more value on top of that.....

Ok I am off my Rant.....!!

Spanky it is all about the agent that you are working with cause about 5 years ago I have State Farm and I had had them for over 40 years until one day I got in the mail a major increase and I called the agent and asked what had changed he said that across the board they had a rate increase.
The next day I called a friend that was selling insurance for some quotes. She insured me for almost twice as much as State Farm for somewhat less money.
I called State Farm and told them to cancel my insurance on all my cars & home/shop. The First thing out of his mouth was lets take a closer look at your insurance/price, I told him after 40+ years if I did not already have the best & cheapest prices that they had to offer it was way too late....Safeco has been really good to me since them.....I put my hot rods on with Hagerty because they would do agreed value for a smaller cost that Safco or State Farm wanted and more value on top of that.....

Ok I am off my Rant.....!!
I had similar experience once. I was told that it is good to shop your insurance every few years... I am not great about such things. There is no loyalty anywhere in the financial world these days it seems. It’s exhausting.

Sparky. I got a pair of Chevy spindles from Nostalgia Sid in Guthrie Ok. I have a set of modified spindles that were a little strange. If they will work for you I’ll give them to you after t get mine machined to match them.

John, I wonder if a local machine shop here in St Louis could duplicate the work done by Speedway, allowing me to use one of your spindles? It's worth a try.

Wow,

Glad you are okay. Glad no one was injured. The cars can be fixed. Hope you are out and about in it next spring.

PaulR

Progress report . . .

Repairs so far: new oil pan (pump was OK); 2 new wheels and tires; new headers; new headlight, passenger side; new spindle & caliper slider bolts, driver side (was able to salvage the brake caliper bracket--bent but straightened it). In process: body work and paint.

20201116_105043.jpg 20201118_111155.jpg

Way to go Spanky !!!

Reminds me of the Willie Nelson song .... "On the Road Again".

Got to drive it a little today, enough to let me know that the front alignment is a little out of whack. I will add a little caster (steering doesn't return as well as before) and a little more toe-in (wanders a little). Other than that it's still the most fun-per-dollar a guy can have with a car! :)!

Not too shabby. Only a month to get her going again. :thumbsup:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back