Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

NSRA East, York, PA. June 1,2,3- 2012

WMG

I'ts creeping up on us again. The big get together in York PA. June 1-3. Each year we get more buckets and have a better time. I know there are anumber of new bucket owners in PA and area so come out to see what all the fun is about. I know if you come you will enjoy.

I'ts creeping up on us again. The big get together in York PA. June 1-3. Each year we get more buckets and have a better time. I know there are anumber of new bucket owners in PA and area so come out to see what all the fun is about. I know if you come you will enjoy.

Awesome!! I'm not far from York. I'm up near Scranton PA. My 27T won't be ready this year though.

Hey Wayne,

You have that bucket back together yet? Mine's apart too. We'll see you again in York this year, wouldn't miss it.

Bruce

Awesome!! I'm not far from York. I'm up near Scranton PA. My 27T won't be ready this year though.
If you can make it down to York let me know and I will give you a cell number so we can make contact on the grounds and do some good old fashioned visiting.

Bruce, just going to take the body to get the interior redone then the body and frame are off to the body shop for paint next weekend. Still hope to have it back together by the end of April so I can get the bugs worked out before the York show.

OK all you eastern Bucket owners where are you we need more in York. Saying that hope that I have mine back together in time for the show but sure I will.

Don66 - Where are you located?

I live in Hellam, about 15 minutes (depending on traffic) from the York fairground.

Hmmm, each to his own. We have a great time - it's a fun four days, many cars. lots of vendors, entertainment every night and plenty more going on..and it's more than just what's happening at the fairgrounds during the day. The past two years it's been three of us bucket owners with our right-seaters cruising around and it sounds like maybe one or two more this year. My grand kids stop by, build the make-and-take model, enter the PPG coloring contest, enjoy seeing the cars (gotta start 'em young) and cruise the grounds in the T with me. Thousands in giveaways on Sunday....

Bruce do you have your T back together yet? Mine is coming looks like I will make the dead line of the 28th for the first shake down run and have the small things cured by the time it is load time. Really looking forward to the show. Don66 look forward to seeing you there.

It's getting there. Reinstalled the front springs/axle yesterday and the radius rods are 1/2-3/4" too short at the top and 1" -1-1/2" too short at the bottom...I'm stumped, thought they would bolt right back up. :eek: Project of the day is figuring out what happened.

Bruce

Can I ask why?

Jim
I attended last year. My main interest is T Buckets. T Bucket items were non existant at vendors. I have no interest in 55 Chevies with lambo doors, fuel injected blower and $50,000 worth of chrome. Also since I am on a limited budget the prices for entry are way too high. Perhaps this forum isn't for me and my shoe string budget, since most here seem to have unlimited resources. Thanks for asking and reading. Van

I attended last year. My main interest is T Buckets. T Bucket items were non existant at vendors. I have no interest in 55 Chevies with lambo doors, fuel injected blower and $50,000 worth of chrome. Also since I am on a limited budget the prices for entry are way too high. Perhaps this forum isn't for me and my shoe string budget, since most here seem to have unlimited resources. Thanks for asking and reading. Van
Van
No one on here has unlimited funds to buy anything and everything you need or want. We all come to this site to get INFORMATION to BUILD our dream car. Friends are the best resource you have when wanting to get something done to your project, be it parts fabrication or labor to remove or install parts, to wiring the thing. It's all free for the fun of building a Hotrod. There are seveal people on here that didn't know what a tie rod or a tubing bender was until they started their build. There are Policemen, computer geeks, factory workers and more of every walk of life kind of people that are chasing the DREAM of owning a Hotrod that they BUILT.

Don't get discouraged because of someone not having the same opinnion as you, or not having the money to BUY what you need right now. We all save in a special way to get what we need for our projects, and eventually we finish what we started. Some I know have taken 3, 7, 15 years to complete.

The BEST way to get the parts you need for your Bucket is to buy from the Forum Sponcers that advertise here. All are not the same in prices and or the quality you might be wanting for SHOW and GO, but I guarenty [sp] you they will all be a safe and functional part that will work as designed. Call any one of them and you will be surprised at how personable they all are, as well as knowledgable and not want to JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY as others vendors will do. All will tell you what works and don't work with other parts from their inventory or the other vendors//ie// windshield posts. I know from first hand experience. I've bought from most of them.

Don't leave the Forum because of a rift or disagreement with another member, or members. We all joined to learn and share what info we have with building these great little Hotrods.We all get frustated from the build/life/health/ or any numerous problems that pop up. We all do. The older I get, the more I learn by just listening and reading and asking questions, especially WHY when I don't understand something. Keep plugging along and ask when you need to know something, and picures ARE worth a thousand words. I have been known to answer my own questions by just looking at a picture that someone had posted.

This is the BEST FORUM for T-BUCKET BUILDERS on the web. There are others, and some of us belong to them, and participate to better the safe, reliable, and best looking Hotrods in the WORLD. Check them out if you want, and you will see the difference. Go to the MAP and see what I mean.
Bruce

I could NOT have said it any better, Bruce!

Jim

Vand, I have a limited budget, but this has been the best show I have found in our area. There are generally between 15 & 20 buckets, probably more, because I run out of time to tour all the show talking and learning from the bucket owners i meet. As Bruce said this is a great site and you can learn a lot by asking and talking. I picked up a couple of things at the show that I have used on the car I have. lots of vendors and lots of items. Give me a call 610-762-8950 and I'll meet you at the show, we can talk and you can meet some of the other bucket owners to get ideas.

Vand, perhaps what you may fail to realize is that many parts and pieces from other types of cars are applicable to building a T. Take for example the front axle that is used in building a Model A or a '32 is applicable to building a T as are brakes, rear ends, lights, wiring panels, etc. Many of these parts are also in the swap meet areas at much lower prices. Since your budget is so limited, I would think that you would want to educate yourself in what to best use and then look for the best deals. You may also have to take your time and collect the needed hardware and then start your build. In the mean time, keep asking questions here and get some good advice on how to proceed on your build.

My car is called EX JUNK because it was built from a lot of "junk" parts along with making most everything at home. The upholstery is the only thing that was done outside the home. I'm telling you all this in hopes that you can take another look at the project that you are about to undertake and don't get discouraged.

I'm quite sure that the '55 Chevy with Lambo doors and the like were few and far between as the NSRA event. Until a couple of years ago, the NSRA was for pre '49 only. The vast majority of cars at an NSRA meet are still '48 and older. So take another look and see if what I've said will help you.

Jim

I have nor the time in the world nor the money of a rock star but i make it happen :) I wish i could attend the bash but i am sooooooo far away lol.
but i will say without this forum and without my family the dream of building my T Bucket would be just that, a dream. So i send out all my thanks to the great people of this forum and hope one of these days my Bucket will be at the BASH!!!!! :)

:thumbsup: Thanks for all the kind words and advice. To set the record streight there is no disagreement involved, just a couple guys expressing different views of the same subject. Thanks for the kind offer to meet. I would enjoy that very much BUT I am 304 miles from York. 5 1/2 hour drive $100.00 for gas and $100.00 a night for a place to stay, plus entry fees. It all adds up fast. Maybe next year. I would really like to get a closer look at TRACK-T-4's T as track t's are my favorites. Hope every one who attends has a great time. Sorry if I ruffled a few feathers. Take care Van

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back