Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ocala NTBA 2017

Mike J

Anyone know a were to find a schedule of events for Ocala weekend ? I've looked but can't seem to find anything.

Did you try the NTBA web site. They have all the events listed there.
Yes I did, but didn't see anything. I might go because I've sorta lost motivation on my build. I'm at a point that I could go in nine different directions. I think I read that you will not be there, is that correct ?

This should help:

Thurs...9.15 am national parts museum....1.15 pm ..pleasant acres breeding farm
Fri...9.00 am Daytona Beach Cruise
Sat.....9.00 am. Don Garlits / poker run....12.00 from Don Garlits to Brownwood for lunch ...

Jim

Thursday 4/20/17 9:15 AM National Parts Depot Museum
1:15 PM Cruise to Pleasant Acres Horse Farm
6:30 PM Scoop's Ice Cream Cruise

Friday 4/21/17 9:00 AM Daytona Beach Cruise
(Lunch at Racing's North Turn Bar and Grill)
Carriage Museum, an option for anyone not going to Daytona

Saturday 4/22/17 9:00AM Don Garlits Museum / Poker Run
12:00PM Cruise to Brownwood in the Villages for lunch/shopping/Ice Cream/Poker Run
This cruise leaves from Big Daddy's Museum

Total miles for scheduled cruises is approximately 320

Copied from the NTBA website..............I wanted to make sure you knew about the Ice Cream runs........LOL.....

Will the trip to Daytona be on Interstate highways?

Mark in 2014 we did about 400 miles at this run and not one mile of it was on an interstate highway.....

FYI - There is no interstate highway between Ocala and Daytona, just country roads and highways, mostly 2-lane. Depending on the route, some nice scenery along the way.

Meangreen - Thanks! We are looking forward to the cruise if we can get some spark into my engine!!!

How cool is this: the guy in the photo attended the NTBA regional event in Ocala, coming from Puerto Rico! And to boot, he shipped his T-bucket over so he would be able to have something to drive on the cruises!!! Here he is with his son standing behind his red T-bucket in front of the Don Garlits museum . . .

Felix Garcia & son.jpg

How cool is this: the guy in the photo attended the NTBA regional event in Ocala, coming from Puerto Rico! And to boot, he shipped his T-bucket over so he would be able to have something to drive on the cruises!!! Here he is with his son standing behind his red T-bucket in front of the Don Garlits museum . . .

View attachment 13360
Those were a truly great father and son team. I really enjoyed talking with them. I might also add that it was a very well planed weekend thanks to Dewey and Bob for all their hard work.

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back