Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Off To The Painter

Duke

Finally got the body off to the painter, getting sick for three weeks put me behind, now it is catch up time. :lol:

Duke, your not going to paint it yellow are you? :lol:

Yup, A bright in your face yellow !! I wasn't to sure about yellow at first, never had a yellow Rod. But, it does grow on ya. :D:D:D:D

vbpgimage.php

I like yellow. :D Your's looks fantastic like that. I've never sprayed yellow, how is it to paint with? Does it cover pretty well or need quite a few coats?

Don

It takes forever to base coat/clearcoat yellow as any paint the more coats the darker it gets.This is a pic of my color.
Picture039.jpg

Picture091.jpg

It should look great, Duke. Can't wait to see it. :D I'm also curious about the cost.

Duke, this is Lar don't know if you got my pm. I'm not ready for the headers yet. If you got time shoot me a pm with your phone number. Hope your feeling better. Lar:)

Well Fred, Lets just say that the cost is well over what my first house cost. I went all new with everything except the rear, and that I may change out the guts if I don't like the ratio, it has 3:42 in it, should be alright. I have about 7000 in the engine and tranny alone. I have a 455 Olds I was thinking of using, but decieded to save it for a 1950 Ford custom I have for a future project. The paint job is going to be more than I wanted, but I was sick for about three weeks and got behind :sad:, So to get caught up I took it in and am having them do the prep and finish some body work I started. I want to have the Bucket purring by mid July for a family reunion. That means mid June to finish and have a month to do the DMV thing :confused:. I have been through the DMV thing a few times so I know what hoops to jump thru. ;)

TBUCKETLAR, Glad to hear I am not screwing you up with the headers, just wanted to make sure. I am the type of person that when I give my word, I stand by it come hell or high water. Yeah, getting sick kind of messed up my timing, but have made arrangements to get caught up. I hardly ever get sick, but when I do, I do not mess around, I get really sick. It must be at least 7 or 8 years since I got sick last. What was so bad this time was a sinus infection. I already have trouble with my sinuses because of a wound in Viet Nam, had little bits of metal coming out for twenty years, but my sinus are screwed up. But hey, I am alive and I live in the USA, makes me a very lucky person. :D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back