k1w1T

roadster105Small_zpsd8a4d6d5.jpg

roadster103Small_zps9b58d012.jpg

roadster163Medium_zpsf1d2b68a.jpg

roadster168Medium_zps0d750eb3.jpg

roadster171Medium_zpsdc2aec94.jpg

roadster170Medium_zpsbd31c416.jpg

roadster175Medium_zps55917adc.jpg

been workin on this for about three years.

I like the quarter elliptic set up on the front along with rod ends rather than hiem joints and the long panard bar is great also. I don't know about that box of spaghetti on the floor though. LOL

Jim

No pan hard bar required thats the cross steer and tie rod. there is no sideways movement in the front end due to the 1/4 eliptics being mount tight into the chassis. they don't touch or rub.

Wait a second....the steering is on the wrong side!! :roflmao:

Seriously, good looking ride! What is that engine?

Engine is GM Holden 308/auto trimatic. Edlebrock manifold/4 barrel. Runs really strong. Car is very responsive but not twitchy :D

Did I see right hand drive? Where are you located? Looks like your doing a fantastic job so far.

NZ

Gonna be a nice ride. Laws in NZ suck when it comes to HotRods.

Quote "Laws in NZ suck when it comes to HotRods ".
I would have to hearterly disagree with you on that... we have a system designed by hot rodders for hot rodders. It ensures that someone who has never built a rod has a sensible set of "guide lines" to follow. Notice I say guidelines not rules because thats what they are ...based on best practise from people who have built cars for 50 + years plus good engineering practise. Along side of that is an organisation of professionals who go out of their way to help answer questions. Ok there are some things that would appear annal at first glance but you can work around some of it. Safety and good engineering is the basis for the system. ("Declaration"..I am in no way connected to or part of the said organisation). Also we would be the least picked on group of car enthusiasts by the law. I wouldn't be a ricer racer for quids. I can't really say more than that except to say there is nothing in there that a sensible person building a hot rod wouldn't do to ensure the safety of the people(family) riding in his/her car.

a few more pics

Great job. Lotta good work there. I did notice something different, other than the steering. Will the brackets let you put the front brake calipers on the rear of the hub? I know you would have to swap sides to keep the bleeders on top, but it might allow you to run shorter brake hoses. Need some profile shots when you get a chance. Nice.
I also noticed your side mirrors, up high. I tried mine in the same position and found I liked them better at the bottom of the post. If yours will move, try it and let me know what you think.
Hope the local laws allow it.

Quote"I also noticed your side mirrors, up high. I tried mine in the same position and found I liked them better at the bottom of the post. If yours will move, try it and let me know what you think.
Hope the local laws allow it."

I prefer em up hi cause I'm 6' and sit quite hi so the mirrors are virtually at my sight level where they are. If I lower them I would have to look down to use them.;)

some new pics, coming

sorry had to resize first

Attachments

• P4250028 (Medium).JPG
    P4250028 (Medium).JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 76
that is "KEWL" (or a proper abomination of the word COOL given your unique ride!) Would love to visit NZ sometime, beautiful country!

P7210089 (Medium).JPG P7210088 (Medium).JPG
couple of newer pics

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back