Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Old dude building last hotrod??????????

OK, I joined on 4th of July so New Years Day seems like an appropriate time to introduce myself. Been hanging around about every day getting the feel of the site. I have enough years behind me to know to look a "room" over before I open my mouth. Like everything I see so far. LOTS of knowledge and ideas here......not all I agree with. lol. Been building hotrods, racecars, trucks, vans, drag boats, Corvettes, and Harleys as a hobby for over 50 years. I even built a "rat rod" in high school without even knowing how "cool" it was going to be in 40-50 years. Bought a Spirit car this summer from it's 2nd owner. Neither owner had done anything to it(except cut out cross member), so I have started from scratch. This car is to take the place of my Harley hotrod as reflexes have slowed sufficiently to make riding it not as comfortable as I like.

btw....I live in Branson, MO, (via Louisiana) so anyone going to Nationals this summer needing info about area, feel free to ask.

Oh yeah......I saw very quickly that Mike and I have something in common. We don't tolerate ignorance nor arrogance particularly well. Bet we're not alone. Gets worse with age. LOL

Welcome. Where are you from in Louisiana? It's been my home for the last 50 odd years.

I ride too, although I have rethought the long distance touring I used to do. Like you, age is a factor.

What mods do you plan for your bucket?

Mike

Northeast Louisiana (Lake Providence) for first 40 years of my life. Then got misplaced up here. lol

Have a Harley Deuce with a 110 horse stroker motor. Not a long distance ride but FAST.

Bought car with most parts to complete. Will use what I have to put on road and work kinks out but already collecting parts for future changes. I put together a Monogram "Big T" model 50+ years ago and still have it. Plan is to eventually copy that model.

Can't go wrong with a Big T clone. Pretty much timeless styling.

Do you think you'll be on the road in time for the nationals?

You know we like pictures around here. Post a few of what you've got.

Well, Howdy from Texas. I, too, am an old Harley man. Big crash back in '05 kinda put a cramp in my ridin. Broke my leg in two places and ended up with a steel rod in the leg. Too uncomfortable to ride anymore. Sold it and started my T.
Lots of fun and lots of info on this site. Oh yeah, I built that Big T model, too. Don't know whatever happened to it.
Have fun with the Hot Rod!

Welcome from Northern Illinois.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back