Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Old tub, original dimensions....who made it?

Old tub, possibly Speedway (even they don't know) reputed to be dragster in 60s or 70s. No info except it is unstretched and original T parts fit. Windshield and turtledeck are real T. Anyone know who made it? Or any original size molds?

It may be Speedway, but if so they have changed their design. The new ones will not fit an original T windshield. In looking through some old ads, I saw a Cal Automotive which is another possibility, advertised as original dimensions. Whatever it is, it's very old but looks good. A bit of a tight squeeze compared to stretch bodies.

ever been to elkhart , ind.......few years ago, every old gas station , garage, etc. that could be, was being used by a guy w/a chopper gun & a mold making truck caps/toppers , every shape you could imagine.... that's pretty much what is was like in the late 60's-early 70's w/ t-buckets , they were everywhere.... the likelyhood of you i.d.ing the maker is somewhere between slim&none...
dave

You're right. The grille shell is the same way, it appears to be from a midget racer widened to fit a V8 radiator. No way to positively ID. But it just kind of adds to the history and charm of an old build when you can't say where everything came from.

just by looking at the ribs for the doors and the one rib that fades away up by the windshield is a giveaway thats why I say it's the speedway...

Thanks for the insight. The door line does get a little soft where it meets the top rib and windshield. I would be happy if it's Speedway, it's very good quality, but also an obsolete mold they don't make any more.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back