Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Oldsmobile pinion brake

coops

Well the pinion brake is complete and waiting for attachments so it can all be shipped off to be powder coated.It was not the best to design,like putting a square in a circle and expecting it to look good.Sure wish I had gone a different route on brakes or differential.

Attachments

• t-bucket 068.jpg
    t-bucket 068.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 119
Well the pinion brake is complete and waiting for attachments so it can all be shipped off to be powder coated.It was not the best to design,like putting a square in a circle and expecting it to look good.Sure wish I had gone a different route on brakes or differential.

Coops, Well that looks fine, it is only a parking brake anyway, should get the job done and keep you legal :) Good thinking...

Looks great to me.

What kind of disc and caliper are those?

Thanks for the encouragement Ted and RPM and yes it will work;eye sore to me personally,I purchased the manual caliper and disc from The Streetrod Manufacturing Co. Inc as a kit is not made for oldsmobile.

Looks like you did a good job. Knock down those casting marks on the caliper and when you get it coated it will look good.
Nice work.

Looks fine to me. Mine doesn't look any better or less complicated. A lot of trouble for a park brake huh?

You said it Butch
Sorry an after thought here, should have mentioned it last night... be very careful not to drive off with it locked on (brake on) may just tare the rotor and all up if the brackets are not real strong and hooked to both sides of the flange on the third member.. while you can see it (after you get it back together), lock on the brake and by hand try and roll the car and see if the whole thing is solid with no flex anywhere, better safe than sorry.. Drive safe:)

A line lock, sure did for years, great as an anti theft device when hidden,, just is not really street legal here in Calif, but they do work good. Just have a small stock emergency brake handle hooked to a heavy spring (fake) and set the line-lock as you pull it, if you need to show it works...

That's down right sneaky Ted. But it's a lot better than propping a concrete block on the brake pedal like I was going to do. Thanks for the idea.

Besides, there just isn't a good way to make a concrete block look good.

Ted make a good point with the oops i forgot to release the brake. The drive shaft could make swiss cheese out of that , But this may be a solution loop your neutral safety circuit through the emergency brake switch ( changed to N/C). This will only help if you need to start to move if the motor was running when you applied the brake it wont help.JAT

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back