Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Painting

Did you catch the ding just below the rear roof line, on the right side, where it meets the quarter panel? Looks like he fixed it before the final coat. Sure would like to have his paint booth. I made mine from pvc pipe and clear Visqueen with filters and an exhuast fan. Inexpensive and disposable.

Good but... if you apply base coat as he did, it will be streaked... also never change guns in the middle of a coat, you will get different texture and it will look like a different color or a repair. Slow reducer??? Yeah, if it’s hot and dry... humidity and temp determines reducer speed. If you haven’t painted or haven’t done it in a while, or if you haven’t used the gun or paint before, buy extra and practice on a old hood or something. I grew up in a body shop and have painted many. One more thing, exhaust fans... beware. If the motor has brushes, it can kill you! I know someone who used a furnace blower, which work awesome, but it had a motor with brushes which exploded his shop and burnt him severely.

Yep, explosion proof fan is a must have safety devise. I also don't care for a whole lot of air being pulled through the booth. Just enough to keep the air clean and fog less.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back