Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

pics from my build

I must compliment you on your neat and different build and the very neat and clean work area. I'm a bit of a neat freak and can really it appreciate it.

Jim

That's a great looking build. The grill shell kicks butt! Great look.

Could we see the front shock mounts without the grill shell and side panels ?

John

This is the mounts before I welded them in. They were originally made to work vertically, but that was kind of boring. So I cut them for the angle.

2w35aqh.jpg
[/IMG]
2w35aqh.jpg

SM

Finally got the nose piece back together after installing the upper shock mounts.....Took a bit of reworking of the nose, but finally got it.
dfghdhdfg.png jfjgjfgfg.png asdfaddsd.png

Got the seat mount finished up today. Well, for the drivers seat anyway. Had it all put together a few days ago then realized with the setup I had I couldn't remove the body. So, back to the drawing board and made the necessary changes.

Good to see a substantial base for the seats. Seen a lot of Ts (UK) with the seats bolted through a wooden or glass floor, without any reinforcement!!!!

Good to see a substantial base for the seats. Seen a lot of Ts (UK) with the seats bolted through a wooden or glass floor, without any reinforcement!!!!

It will also have a roll bar going up behind the body the shoulder harness and rear of seat will bolt to.... just haven't got that far yet.....

Sm

Lake Mod, Its great to see another straight 6. I just built a "t" with a 250 chevy, Love it! Lots of Torque. I just picked up a 300 today with a 3 speed auto!! Once parts all collected, I will be building the next car in February. Love a 6 cylinder.

I might have to use that idea with the tubing. Should be good and strong!

This will be my last post here. Am busy working and taking time out to post pics but it appears there is not much interest..... it's cool.... I know it is not a normal construction...not everyone cup of tea as they say...

SM

This will be my last post here. Am busy working and taking time out to post pics but it appears there is not much interest..... it's cool.... I know it is not a normal construction...not everyone cup of tea as they say...

SM
Don't be like that. Only your opinion counts in your build and we all like to see and sometimes comment on things that you do.

Safety #1
Dependability #2
Looks #3
Opinions not an issue.

JMHO Keep up the work and all do not comment on others work all the time as most are just LOOKING for info or SOMETHING.

Yeah, LM . . . ditto the above. Love to see your pics, and am waiting for you to get 'er rolling and record a couple of blasts with that stovebolt! Don't leave now!!!:unsure:

PS - If you want more feedback, ask for it. This bunch ain't shy about offering opinions/suggestions.

Only your opinion counts in your build and we all like to see and sometimes comment on things that you do.

Agreed. Mine's about as non conventional as you can get. But I build it from my gut, the way I want it.

I always remember a documentary years ago on West Coast Choppers where Jesse James talked about getting a lot of negative feedback on his bike designs. But he knew in his gut that he was doing it right and later on everyone was copying his stuff.

Keep posting your build. We need variation and innovation.

If you are looking for a fan club, this is not the place. If you are all about a T Bucket and what to share, get help and some feedback from people who love these cars, no matter how the owner wants to build them you are in the right place. Calm down a little and take what people have offered in a constructive way . The the choice is yours.

I have been beaten up on various forums before.... so what....

Agree with all the above, I always log in to see where you're at with your build,(and all the others) always find it interesting without finding the need to "comment". I'm a, would be if I could be, Bucket Builder down under, the "Minister of Finance" tells me I can't afford the time or the money to do a Rod! so I get my jollies looking at other builds, which is why I frequent here. keep up the good work.
Regards,
Mike.
P.S. Stay safe all those in the South.

Could you tell us what happened between Sept. 3 and today that discouraged you so much you felt you were not supported here ?

John

Spanky,the engine in Lake Modified's car is a FORD 300cu.in.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back