Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

pics from my build

Here is a vote to keep posting. I am enjoying the thought process and labor of love. I think the car is great. I am a V8 person, but had a past connection to Ford's super smooth 300-6. 7 main bearings, stump pulling toq, all kind of goodies for it also. What gears do you have in your 9"? I will bet 3.00 s will be just about right. Beautiful picture of the ports on the head.
Keep it UP!!!!
I always have to put in my 2 cents,,,, on that top panel on the grill,,,, I would make it full width and to the back of the radiator top tank and put a couple of 45* breaks to blend down to the side panels.,,,,punch a hole in the top for the rad cap.
That is just me,

Spanky,the engine in Lake Modified's car is a FORD 300cu.in.

My mistake!:notworthy: Sorry - I remember now that it was a Blue Oval 300, and I still want to hear it run!:thumbsup: (In my book, if it makes HP and noise it's cool, regardless of who casts the block!)

Want to weigh in.
Dont leave. That is a sweet looking car so far.
I am new here so dont know the in and outs yet, but it sems like a great place so.far.it jist seems to me its time to step back and look at the other builds going on here and re-inspire yourself.

I'm a quiet type, I usually don't comment on things because other guys already posted things I would've said, I'm quiet, not a parrot.
KEEP POSTING YOUR BUILD!

This will be my last post here. Am busy working and taking time out to post pics but it appears there is not much interest..... it's cool.... I know it is not a normal construction...not everyone cup of tea as they say...

SM

What the hell is this all about!? Lack of interest? I'm sorry, but if that's the true reason, it's a little lame. If you're using the a lack of comments, I think that's a bad excuse, too. Some people "lurk", for what ever reason and don't comment. You want to talk about lack of interest, wait till you go to a cruise or show and your T Bucket is not only be the only one there, but scorned as well. I've been there. It sucked at first, but I love being the individualist. I've gotten snide remarks, sarcastic remarks and comments on other sites and here, from guys who have put their T Buckets and skills on some sort of pedestal and think every T Bucket has to be done their way. It pisses me off sometimes, but after a LOT of checking around and searching, I calm down a little and carry on. MY WAY.

I've been called, "hard headed and stubborn", so be it. I do APPEAR that way.... on the web. Maybe I am, but no one here or anywhere else has a clue as to the amount of research I do before I try something out. I'm not perfect and if something I do doesn't work, then in my books, I've learned a valuable lesson. I've been labeled as "unsafe" for my stance on seat belts and safety washers (which I wouldn't have used, if they weren't so cheap and I'm still waiting to see everyone else's!). Yea, what ever. I've been in a wreck and I have a good idea what can break and what won't. I know where I want to be, if my car gets hit again. My choice.

I welded my frame together and painted it without tacking everything in place. A HUGE no no. I can guarantee there are a LOT of folks sitting at their keyboard waiting for me to post about having to cut something off and change it. I do not care! I asked the questions to Resinator at CCR and checked everything a LOT, to make sure my measurements were correct and moved forward. Like I did on my first build. And if it's NOT right, I'll cut or move what I have to. No sweat. It's metal and paint. Cheap paint at that! I'm NOT using clevis pins on my rod ends. They're antiquated and look cheap and flimsy. They're what broke, when my car got hit. If Ron, who's opinion and advise I can take to the bank, agrees that rod ends will work... that's all I need. Hell, after ALL that sh*t....... maybe I'm the one that needs to leave?:D But I won't. I need and like a record of what I'm doing. So, I'll take all the bull and won't look back!

By not posting or leaving, you're depriving everyone of not only your skill set, but your ideas and work. There are a lot of guest who pop in here, wondering if they can build one of these damn things. They NEED inspiration. They NEED to know that building one of these cars is VERY doable. Hell, I'm building mine with a $50 K-mart tool set! "Look, ma! No fancy shop needed!" If you're leaving because real life is getting in the way, so be it. That's a lot more important than playing with toys. But we'll look forward to your return.

Last edited:
Oh....... and tell those kids to get off my lawn!

Ok fine.... thx for all the responses. I enjoy the back and forth and wasn't getting much of that ..... lesson learned...
All controls will be welded to a rollbar that right now is mocked up with pvc pipe. The only "instrument panel" will be this small guage panel. There will be small homemade brackets welded to the back of the panel which will then be welded to horizontal roll bar. It will stick a little further in the cockpit than what is shown here.

ttyeyeer.png rterretr.png UYKUF.png rtyeyretyetr.png

Nice minimalist approach. I've contemplated not using a speedometer in mine, but I like smiling as the needles moves left, too much. Still could happen, though. Because I hate that thick cable and refuse to go electrical. I'm digging your roll bar mock up, too.

Lake Modified - Nice work! I like your guage concept/mock-up!

O.K., now that you have your panties all straightened out and going in the right direction, what are you doing for the "money"side of the engine ? The intake and exhaust.

John

And that just about sums up.... building a T. Thanks fred for the commitment to say what's what....... I tired a more diplomatic reply, but in the end someone has to lay it out in real terms. Surprising the ones that take offence and melt away, and the ones that have the Ba88s to stay.

Good on you for coming back and standing your ground... make it worthwhile
Old, tired and no patients for pretenders

G

What the hell is this all about!? Lack of interest? I'm sorry, but if that's the true reason, it's a little lame. If you're using the a lack of comments, I think that's a bad excuse, too. Some people "lurk", for what ever reason and don't comment. You want to talk about lack of interest, wait till you go to a cruise or show and your T Bucket is not only be the only one there, but scorned as well. I've been there. It sucked at first, but I love being the individualist. I've gotten snide remarks, sarcastic remarks and comments on other sites and here, from guys who have put their T Buckets and skills on some sort of pedestal and think every T Bucket has to be done their way. It pisses me off sometimes, but after a LOT of checking around and searching, I calm down a little and carry on. MY WAY.

I've been called, "hard headed and stubborn", so be it. I do APPEAR that way.... on the web. Maybe I am, but no one here or anywhere else has a clue as to the amount of research I do before I try something out. I'm not perfect and if something I do doesn't work, then in my books, I've learned a valuable lesson. I've been labeled as "unsafe" for my stance on seat belts and safety washers (which I wouldn't have used, if they weren't so cheap and I'm still waiting to see everyone else's!). Yea, what ever. I've been in a wreck and I have a good idea what can break and what won't. I know where I want to be, if my car gets hit again. My choice.

I welded my frame together and painted it without tacking everything in place. A HUGE no no. I can guarantee there are a LOT of folks sitting at their keyboard waiting for me to post about having to cut something off and change it. I do not care! I asked the questions to Resinator at CCR and checked everything a LOT, to make sure my measurements were correct and moved forward. Like I did on my first build. And if it's NOT right, I'll cut or move what I have to. No sweat. It's metal and paint. Cheap paint at that! I'm NOT using clevis pins on my rod ends. They're antiquated and look cheap and flimsy. They're what broke, when my car got hit. If Ron, who's opinion and advise I can take to the bank, agrees that rod ends will work... that's all I need. Hell, after ALL that sh*t....... maybe I'm the one that needs to leave?:D But I won't. I need and like a record of what I'm doing. So, I'll take all the bull and won't look back!

By not posting or leaving, you're depriving everyone of not only your skill set, but your ideas and work. There are a lot of guest who pop in here, wondering if they can build one of these damn things. They NEED inspiration. They NEED to know that building one of these cars is VERY doable. Hell, I'm building mine with a $50 K-mart tool set! "Look, ma! No fancy shop needed!" If you're leaving because real life is getting in the way, so be it. That's a lot more important than playing with toys. But we'll look forward to your return.

Don't leave. You are able to fabricate your own parts, that's a skill I don't have and I do enjoy watching builds of guys that do. Your build is yours. Build the way you like, just keep it safe. If one of these guys tells you to be careful, I would listen and be glad they are willing to inform. I've learned a lot on this site and there is a lot of good people. So please stay, share, learn and enjoy.

I wouldn't put the welding ground clamp on the suspension and weld on the frame, put the clamp on the frame! Your arcing thru your heims and all your other suspension pieces like the springs and shackles. Welcome back!!!

VERY well said, Fred!

Jim

O.K., now that you have your panties all straightened out and going in the right direction, what are you doing for the "money"side of the engine ? The intake and exhaust.

John
I am going to attempt to make my own exhaust and intake. The exhaust will either be 6 into 1 or 3 into 2, haven't got that far yet. I have 5, 2 barrel carbs. Will take the best three and hopefully make an intake for each.

SM

I wouldn't put the welding ground clamp on the suspension and weld on the frame, put the clamp on the frame! Your arcing thru your heims and all your other suspension pieces like the springs and shackles. Welcome back!!!

You know, I know better than that, just an oversight on my part.

SM

Nothing sounds as good as a duel exhaust straight 6 being used in anger!! Can make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.

Here is a vote to keep posting. I am enjoying the thought process and labor of love. I think the car is great. I am a V8 person, but had a past connection to Ford's super smooth 300-6. 7 main bearings, stump pulling toq, all kind of goodies for it also. What gears do you have in your 9"? I will bet 3.00 s will be just about right. Beautiful picture of the ports on the head.
Keep it UP!!!!
I always have to put in my 2 cents,,,, on that top panel on the grill,,,, I would make it full width and to the back of the radiator top tank and put a couple of 45* breaks to blend down to the side panels.,,,,punch a hole in the top for the rad cap.
That is just me,

I am planning to put a 3.89 gear limited slip... already have a line in a rear chunk .... brand new.

SM

Don't leave. You are able to fabricate your own parts, that's a skill I don't have and I do enjoy watching builds of guys that do. Your build is yours. Build the way you like, just keep it safe. If one of these guys tells you to be careful, I would listen and be glad they are willing to inform. I've learned a lot on this site and there is a lot of good people. So please stay, share, learn and enjoy.

I don't really have any skill or experience fabricating anything except a chopper I built many years ago. Everything you see here is my first attempt at anything like this project... Trust me, you are seeing the end results, not the botched attempts until I got it like I wanted.

SM

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back