Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Pics I promised

tfeverfred

As promised, here are pics of my seat bottom glassed in, as well as my throttle hook up and pedal assembly.

hotrod003.jpg

hotrod002.jpg

hotrod001-1.jpg

I like both of those pedals, compact but yet effective. How thick is that wall where that is bolted?

Yogi said:
I like both of those pedals, compact but yet effective. How thick is that wall where that is bolted?

About 1/4". During final assembly, I'm going to run a small, thin, metal plate to ease any stress. It doesn't seem like it needs it, but I'm going to do it just to be safe. :lol:I caught that too!

Nice work Fred! What's next? Give us a hint.

You might want to think about covering the inside of the fire wall with a piece of plywood. Not only will it give you support for your gas pedal, but help keep engine heat out of the interior. It will also give you something to attach carpet to.

tfeverfred said:
About 1/4". During final assembly, I'm going to run a small, thin, metal plate to ease any stress. It doesn't seem like it needs it, but I'm going to do it just to be safe. :lol:I caught that too!
Fred i took a piece of 3/4" Plywood 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 and drilled 2 holes the(the bolt pattern of the gas pedal)and pressed two wood nuts through the back and then liquid nailed it to the firewall let it dry and pressto i just take two 1/4-20 bolts and bolt the pedal to the firewall no holes through the wall.Just a thought

Thanks for the tips guys. Noted and noted!:hooray:

Youngster said:
Nice work Fred! What's next? Give us a hint.

Next up will be getting and installing the emergency brake handle assembly. I'm tossing around ideas for placement and have narrowed it down to two. Along the drivers side body panel or parallel to the front of the seat bottom. I'm leaning towards the later. It will be out of the way and easy to reach without any effort.

After that, steering column setup. The one installed now is just a mock up. Then, windshield. Then guages. Then, wiring. In between I'll play around with the interior. I have a plan for it in my head and I've written about it. I just need to execute it and hope it works like it should.

I'm also getting things ready to get it legal. It looks like I have a good lead on a title. Otherwise, I'll do it the "right" way and have to deal with inspections every year.:mad:

These next few months are all about getting the details done. A good friend has someone who can paint it for me, so I may get paint in time for June! I'll keep everyone posted as this story draws to a close.

I will also be glassing a piece of plywood in for strenght plus a possible place to help secure the steering a little more. I will be putting a plastic mirror piece on my fire wall & it will give me some place to screw it into because I don't want to glue it. Thanks Lar:)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back