Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Please help me identify these spindles

sheriffd2

Hey everybody, I'm new here but have been looking around and have found a wealth of info here! Great Forum!

I'm hoping some keen-eyed experts here can help me identify these spindles. I'm trying to put together a front brake package and obviously knowing where I'm starting is the first hurdle :thumb:

So, anybody know what these are? ...and perhaps if so, point me in a good direction for a reasonably priced bolt on brake set up for these?

Thank you in advance! Looking forward to what you come up with!

spindleID0.jpg

spindleID1.jpg

spindleID2.jpg

spindleID3.jpg

spindleID4.jpg

spindleID5.jpg

spindleID6.jpg

spindleID7.jpg

Those spindles are original early ford they have the adapter for gm rotors and bearings already on them. Call RPM he is in the classifieds on this forum, he can set you up with the right parts or can tell you who to call.

First of all welcome to the site. You have found probably the best tool for building your 'T' right here.

Now .. you have a pair of '37 to '40 Ford spindles, the most desirable ones in my book. When you do tour final assembly, be sure to use the felt washer under the cap of the king pin. Also put some oil on the washer to keep thepin top lubed.

The axel is a 'Model A' . Your radius rods are also 'Model A', but you have them upside down. This is going to throw your caster out.

If you have anymore questions just.

Ron

Your spindle has a bearing adaptor* installed suggesting aftermarket brakes had been installed.
I also noticed the adaptor has no primer overspray. It was either installed after painting or painting was done with the other brakes installed.

* This makes the assumtion that is a bearing adaptor. I made a couple for my spindles for that purpose.

Your spindle has a bearing adaptor* installed suggesting aftermarket brakes had been installed.
I also noticed the adaptor has no primer overspray. It was either installed after painting or painting was done with the other brakes installed.

* This makes the assumtion that is a bearing adaptor. I made a couple for my spindles for that purpose.

Yes, you are correct about the adapter. I assumed it was an bearing adapter but wasn't 100%. As for the overspray (or lack thereof), that's mine, when I got the chassis the axel and spindles were already in place, just dirty with some surface rust, so I cleaned em up, taped off the working surfaces and gave it all a bit of protective primer. My guess is that, yes, as you suggested aftermarket brakes were either test fitted or planned and that's why the adapter. Thanks for the insight! :scream:

Thanks to everybody's help, I ordered a Chevy to early ford spindle complete disc brake kit, should have it early next week. Now, onto the rears...

Thanks for all the help! :thumb:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back