Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Posting Excel Calculators

Indycars

Mike,

I have several Excel calculators that I would like to post. Excel would not be required, since Open Office will work with Excel files
and it's free.

My question concerns the link to the file for download, is there a way for the file to reside on your server ??? If I post
a link to my Dropbox account and something goes wrong on my end the link would be dead and the post would be
useless.

Here's a pic of my DCR calculator that will do 5 engines side-by-side.
It also includes a Intake Valve Closing angle calculator, since this is a required
number to DCR.

DCRCalculator-1.jpg

looks neat

Thanks hubba !

There are plenty of online calculators, but you can't save your results. So you have to write everything down if you want to compare different combinations. I wanted to see what different chambers, cam specs and just play with the timing of the camshaft I already have would have on my dynamic and static compression ratios. I can go back and review or play with more combinations weeks later and not have to remember what I was trying to do.

send a copy to me at kevin-drury

It's on the way. Look for an email with the subject "Excel Dynamic Compression Ratio Calculator", that would be me.

Enjoy!!!

Indycars

Thanks hubba !

There are plenty of online calculators, but you can't save your results. So you have to write everything down if you want to compare different combinations. I wanted to see what different chambers, cam specs and just play with the timing of the camshaft I already have would have on my dynamic and static compression ratios. I can go back and review or play with more combinations weeks later and not have to remember what I was trying to do.
Could i get a copy?Send to tbucket_rick@yahoo.com
Thanks

Could i get a copy?Send to tbucket_rick
Thanks

If you have any trouble with the Calculator or have feedback, just let me know!
Subject Line for Email: Excel Dynamic Compression Ratio Calculator

Apologies for taking so long to get to this. You should now be able to attach your .xls file to a forum post.

Apologies for taking so long to get to this. You should now be able to attach your .xls file to a forum post.
Mike,

I realize why you didn't get to it right away, after seeing the discussion about the forum.

It won't let me upload my Excel 2010 files. My Excel spreadsheets have an extension of "XLSX". The later version of Office 2007 & 2010 add an "X" to the end of all the document extensions.

What forum section would you want all Excel Calculators to be posted ??? The Technical section won't allow me to start a new topic.

Rick

Now that the calculator is available here online, that I would put a link to it here in this thread so others can find it.

http://www.tbucketee...tio-calculator/

Mike,

I almost missed this when you put it in the Technical Library since when you click on "View New Content" it does not show up. It would be nice if we new when something showed up in the Library, then we wouldn't have to stumble upon the new articles. :idea: Just an idea.

Also, I don't know if others have the same misconception, but I thought the "Technical Library" and "Technical Articles" were the same thing.

Rick

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back