Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

posting picture for avatar

If it says it's too big, it needs to be resized down. Resize the image to half size and try again. Been a long time sine I tried uploading an avatar, give me a few mins to see what I had to do again.

I just changed my avatar and the original image was originally 960 x 640, and it uploaded with no issue. I've tested it with a bunch of small sizes and it seems to work fine. Now I'll try some huge pics if I can find one somewhere.

You can use a really large image, but the XenForo software is going to resize it. Which might leave you with an image that is not cropped as you might have wanted. The software recommends a 200 pixel X 200 pixel image and that's about as large as I would want to use. The Tux image I am currently using is 128 X 128. I try to edit the photo to appear as I want it and then resize it into the 100 X 100 to 150 X 150 range, to prevent it from being cropped oddly.

If you're getting a 'file too large' error, then you're exceeding the memory limit for the image size. I have that limit set at a ridiculously high 100 KB, as it is. By comparison, my Tux avatar is 4.3 KB.

The type of image you are trying to use can make a big difference in how large the file is. Resize your image to something in the 200 X 200 range and save it as a .jpg file. That will get the image down to a point where you will be able to upload and use it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back