Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

PROGRESS ON 429 CJ BUCKET

retired49

100_6891.JPG100_6889.JPG100_6888.JPG100_6887.JPG100_6886.JPG100_6885.JPG100_6884.JPG i decided to tear engine down and put speedways 429 stroker kit in it the trans is at shop getting upgrades i have a 3800 stahl for it. i have to get engine block in to get bored 30 over, i have the new posi rear end in with disc brakes and i want to go to 11" rotors on front. i have paint colors picked out but i need to do some prep on body and frame , i have a poly 8 gallon tank now and i need to go to speedways steel 12 gallon tank. here are some pics so far i will post more later....hi jerry i decided to stroke the 429 to a 545 cu in.

I will be following your build of the engine, are you going to change heads as well, as for the fuel tank, I would suggest you give Ron (RPM) a call, I have run two of his tanks (Aluminum and Steel) both of them work very well and built to the size we wanted 13 gal, room enough for tank, chairs, tools and some cleaning supplys in the 20" box. Ron could also help you out with the front brakes as well, give him a call. I havent even been working on our new build, its on the back burner for a bit longer, no time to work on it right now. Keep us up to date on your build.
Jerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back