Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

progress on 429 t bucket

Looks good, keep up the good work. Jerry

That 429 is one mean engine. I had a 71 ranchero 429 super cobra jet ford said was 375hp (for insurance purposes) I understand that it actually dinoed out at 540 so it would be easy to get over 500hp with it.

Looks great, it will be really nice when you are done. I do have one concern, please cover that intake, where the carb sets. Things have a way of finding there way in there, and it is never good when that happens.

To quote Bill Elliott at a recent dirt-track race. "It's got WAY enough motor!"

Interesting Gilmer belt drive you've got on there. Is that a custom piece?

thanks jerry its moving forward.

hi francis yes i have heard good things about these engines. and believe it or not i bought this one on craigslist for 170.00 the guy told me it was a 460 and i got it home after buying it and found out it was a 429 cobra jet , i even got the aluminum engine tag with it.

rpm the engine is allways covered i just uncovered it to take pics

razzbarlow that is a gilmer belt drive they run 160.00 from jegs , i have 2 of them 1 is on my engine and the other one is also new and i have it for sale for 75.00

this is my new rad shell bought it from a guy that builds them himself very reasonable price

Attachments

• 100_6523.JPG
    100_6523.JPG
    987.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_6524.JPG
    100_6524.JPG
    862.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_6457.JPG
    100_6457.JPG
    814.6 KB · Views: 42
he sells these rad. shells for 75.00 with free shipping ,his business is bears car and motorcycle parts and his e-mail is sdyre@mchsi.com and he sells bodies also and hr sells on e-bay very nice guy and very nice part

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back