Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

progress

351, Its at the machine shop as we speak, they were running a special this month. 300 bucks for all machine work, new freeze plugs, and cam bearings. Could not pass it up.

I've been looking for a set of GT 40 heads from an explorer, but i looked up the heads on my motor, and they seam to be decent heads, maybe do a little port work an use them.

I'm unclear as to why you feel thebrackets should be perpendicular to the ground , the rearend won't care as long as it's kept located...
dave

Doesn't matter, just as quoted. As long as the radius rods will reach each of the holes and not be in a bind[brackets angled in towards the frame mounting point],they will work. Aesthetics is what Jerry was going for in his design, I think. I made my brackets longer on the bottom.

If your clevis/rod ends are 5/8" you can safely leave 5/8" of threads exposed past the jam nut.... I'd like to see a photo taken from the side , showing the whole rear rod / frame/rear housing to try to diagnos the situation...
dave

I don't see anything fubared , if your ride height is good & your pinion angle is good , tack them in...
dave

Looks good as long as the heim and the clevis's are not in a bind on the rear radius rod.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back