Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Put your hands together

Mike

I have to tell you, there are a lot of days when operating a forum isn't a lot of fun. It's generally only on the days that end in 'y', so it's not as if it's all bad. :winkn:

But then there are the days when I wake up to find the news that Rick has passed away. Many of you won't have been here long enough to remember when Rick was one of the forum moderators, but he helped out around here for a long time. And over the years, Rick and I developed a really good relationship. I miss him, more than words can say.

And there are days like yesterday, when I wake up to find the news that VegasBruce has gone on, ahead of us, to spend time with Rick. It was funny, because Rick and I knew we needed some help around here and we agonized for several days about who would be a good fit as a forum moderator. We had it narrowed down to a small list and I decided to ask if anyone was interested in helping out. Bruce was one of the names on our short list and he was also one of the volunteers.

This site is part of me, after all these years. And I worry about the place. I want things to work right, I want things to work fast and I want things to work better than the other guys' sites. And taking on a new moderator had me worried, same as it had with Rick. Bruce stepped in and with virtually no training, he was splitting topics, moderating posts, moving inappropriate posts off the open forums and pitching in to help people out. I might go a week or two and not hear a peep out of him. Then I would get a long message from him, just giving us time to catch up with one another. I've been working with, in and around forum sites for the better part of the last 30 years and if there ever was a moderator, it was Bruce. Many of you will not be aware, but Bruce was also a moderator on a couple other forum sites I own. Words simply cannot express how much I appreciated having Bruce as part of our team. And they cannot express how much I'm going to miss him.

But I knew we had to keep things in line and keep this forum moving forward. I considered throwing up another help wanted topic and while thinking about it, I asked myself who I would like to have become part of the forum staff. And one name came to mind. I've had some personal communication with this fellow and have come to develop a lot of respect for him. I figured if he was such an obvious and natural choice, the chances of him wanting to tackle another challenge in his life were out of the question. But I learned if I set my goals low, I will always hit the mark. So I prefer to shoot for the moon, because even if I miss the moon, I'll still land among the stars. So I fired off a Private Message to this fellow and sat back, trying to appear calm.

A few minutes ago, I heard back from this fellow and my prayers were answered.

Everyone, I want to introduce the newest member of the T-Bucket Forums staff -
409T

Jeff, I kid you not at all, when I say I was praying you might say yes. I think you've got all the qualities necessary to become every bit as valuable to this site and its members as Rick did, as Bruce did and as both Jim and Todd have. I feel mighty blessed just now.

As some of you know, there have been a few people try to give me a bum rap for not doing this or for doing that, but I want you to know none of it is true. I'm actually a pushover. :whisper: Now don't tell Jim or Todd about this, but Jeff has already asked for and been granted a week's vacation, starting next Monday. :shrug: What can I say, his agent was a tough negotiator and held out for the best deal he could get. I am embarrassed to say he's getting the week with regular pay, too.

Jeff, are you still standing there, reading this topic? G'wan, get yersel' to work! Seriously, if you hit the forum home page, you'll see some new things you can be looking through. Our offices are down in the cellar, here at the Screwitall Industrial Complex. Wait, before you go, because I want to say, "Thanks!"

Like I said earlier, keeping this forum moving forward is a daily concern for me. Over the course of this past week, i've kept some members of this site busy, doing some outside work for me. After having some time to sit down a look over the work they all volunteered (or were "volunteered" :sly:) to do, I'm going to have some really exciting news for everyone in the next day or two. As Emeril would say, it's time to turn this place a notch! So be sure to stay tuned in, so you don't miss the big news.

Now will you guys put your hands together for 409T, so he can get busy and start earning his crust?

You have some really big boots to fill, Jeff, but I'm confident that you are up to the task. Welcome aboard!

Jim

Gongrats 409T. I'm glad your here. I wish I knew enough about computers to help out , but I am doing good just to turn this thing on .

Wow! What an intro. Thanks for all the kind words as well as the opportunity.

Jeff

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back