Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Quarter mile time

Warhawk

Anyone run their buckets in the quarter mile?

I know these aren't really built for speed but v8 power and light weight should make them pretty quick. So wondering what times you have gotten.

Great question! I too am interested in any Q mile times that bucket owners on here have done.

This text below came from my post on another forum.
http://garage.grumpysperformance.co...-dart-400-cuin-engine.11433/page-7#post-53938

Ran another test this time from a standing start using the first 3 gears. Launching is alot
of spin, so I'm not using full throttle in 1st gear, trying to keep wheel spin under control
until I shift to 2nd gear. The 1-2 shift took place at 0.8 seconds on the graph. The 2-3
shift took place at 3.8 seconds, notice the dark green RPM plot line.

I had the speedometer record my 1/4 mile time of 12.96 seconds at 80 mph. Now I obtained
a max speed of 98 mph, so what happened is I went from 0-98, then coasted back to 80 mph
in 12.96 seconds.

upload_2019-7-30_17-55-1.png

Thanks for that info that is pretty fast.

I honestly have never had a car that was worth a crap in the quarter so never timed anything.

It would be nice if I could get in the 13s or 14s I think I would be super happy.

It doesn't tale a lot of HP to overpower the suspension and frame rigidity given the ~nominally 1800# to 1900# weight.

Making enough HP to get into the 11's or 12's is easily doable, even with a sbc 383 . . . . .

The challenge is getting them to hook, . . . pray it launches straight, . . . and then goes straight down the rest of the track.

Much like the short wheelbase altereds, T's can generate a mighty high pucker factor when you have a lot of power.

I figure my 27 should be good for multiple heart attacks. . . .

Last edited:
Doing some research the weight (2000)and HP (200) should get you in the 12s pretty easy. If you can get the car to hook.

One of the members of the Carolina T's Chapter of the NTBA, drag races his T. He is currently running 6.2x seconds. He is trying to get to 5.8!

That was not a hole-shot, that was a 1.2 second spot to make it a fair race. hehehe!!!

Yes please do watch the race from the 2nd camera, it makes me look much better.

This is what it's like from inside the car. It's the first WOT pass for the new motor and before
extensive tuning with an AQ-1, it's considerably faster now.

Maybe you can get your kicks from watching, it is much safer!

67729868_10104358471929408_6929627323448688640_n.jpg
We did this car a year or so ago, chassis and suspension. Street legal. It runs low 6s in the 1/8 mile at 125 mph.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back