Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Racthet RIde

Got the radiator in and the box was crushed and punctured. So feared the worst and sure enough the radiator was damaged. Sent them an email and they were very quick at getting a replacement out to me. Got it Friday and UPS driver called me and asked that I meet him in town to look at the box. Said it didn't look much better but thankfully the radiator was good. Looks like a really nice piece so I am happy to now hove two for the price of one! LOL If anyone wants a "slightly dinged" radiator let me know. Seems they do not want it back.

2015-01-30 10.30.53.gif

2015-01-30 10.30.41.gif

Didn't realize the knife was in the picture until they responded to me. They were like "we will get you a new one out asap and please no worries". lol Maybe I should of laid my MP Shield down next to it. lol

I asked the Grandbaby what she thought of my T Bucket and her response says it all!!! Sorry it's not a build picture but I thought you all would enjoy it. I know I did!

10421399_10205112343986313_5830063474805367278_n-1.gif

Ha ha, start them young! Glad they made it right with the radiator. I'm sure you will like it. Mine works great.

Life has been busy around here and very little work done on the build. BUT Just went to my first Vintage Torque Fest in Dubuque, IA and wow what a great time! Saw only a couple of T's there but got a lot of cool ideas and made some contacts. Seeing all the cars and smiling faces lit a fire under my butt. I need to start picking small things on the build and get one done a week. Going to be a busy spring so probably will not get a bunch done but if I can just learn to pick away just a little bit every week that would sure help. Seems I go for a while not doing anything then when I get back on it I get quite a bit done in a short time. Then things get busy outside of the build and I go back to getting nothing done. I am going to plan on having this thing driving by next years torque fest!

I know what you mean about being busy, I haven't done anything in a while. Car season is here though and I'll be taking the chevy t oa few shows, taking lots of pics and maybe picking up a deal on some parts in the process.

t.jpg
I will be attending the NTBA show in Indianapolis this Friday and Saturday, Really excited to get to see several T's finished and get over this mental roadblock I am in at present. Spent some time on it this week and finally made the decision to scrap the hood idea. Have been spending WAY to much time in trying to figure how to mount it and make it for that matter. I finalized the radiator height and got the line I wanted from body to top of radiator cover. Finishing brackets for that today then back to raising the steering box. Then body work to be started. This is the latest picture of my T and progress I have made so far. Hope to see you at the show!

Look'n good to me. I like the sinister black look with the moon discs. You can always revisit the hood another day, if you wish.

I wish I could meet you at Indy, I've been planning on going since it was announced, but my health issues won't allow.

The motor will be repainted and black valve covers may be added. I want just a bit of stainless steel (not chrome) on the motor. I just have to decide on a contrasting color to add. Thinking of Harley Davidson Orange or a some ghost flames in white. Black sinister look is the main look but just thinking of adding a splash of color here an there. But once I repaint motor and put a few stainless steel items on motor I may leave it like that. We will see as time goes on. Still trying to decide on fuel tank. Stainless or black? I think I am going to paint the one I am using for reference in picture a stainless steel color and see what I think. I am thinking with the aluminum radiator, wheel covers and stainless steel fuel tank it will be just enough to not over power the black sinister theme.

I am sorry to hear of your health issues. Wish you the best of luck. I had a scare a while back and I am grateful it ended up being nothing. Good luck!

The original idea for mine was to go chromeless. Unfortunately I couldn't find the Brooklands windscreens I want in anything other than chrome, so I'm going with minimal chrome...windscreens, light trim rings, and mirrors.If it were mine, I'd limit the contrasting color to the engine, minimal old school pinstriping, and possibly a bit in the interior. I don't know why, but flames have never worked well for me. For the tank, I think it would depend on if there is some other substantial aluminum/stainless item in the rear view. If there is, I'd go for a black tank with stainless straps...if not, an aluminum/stainless tank with black straps.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Got the transmission tunnel cut out and motor/trans lowered into place. Two things that I am really stewing over. Channeling the body and how low I want the oil pan. As of right now I have roughly 5" clearance from a stock oil pan. Some of the reasoning for getting the motor so low is allow a 4" tall air cleaner to fit under hood. I may end up raising the motor by 1" but I am going to sleep on it for now.
View attachment 9205
View attachment 9204
cut mine the same way.. looks good

I was so lost without this site! A big THANK YOU to Ron Pope and everyone and anyone that had a hand in getting this site back up and running!

Starting on body and body mounting. I posted a thread under Bodies about this asking for any tips and whatnot. Here are a few pictures. We got floor cut and body mount tabs welded on. Also got template cut for firewall. I put floor in and mocked up a bench seat and jumped in to start feeling my way around the cockpit. I got the AWESOME opportunity to drive a T Bucket from friends house to a show in Keosauqua, IA back in October. It was a very eye opening experience in that I learned a lot about placement of controls and setup of interior. That 50 mile trip was more fun than any trip I had made to date on my Harley! So I sold the Harley and will make a push this winter to get this thing done! Made friends with some really cool people over in Indy at the regional show and can't wait for the National event there in July! I also rode in three different cars while in Indy and learned a lot there as well. I urge anyone who is building or thinking of building to go to one of these events.
NewPhone1 598.jpg NewPhone1 601.jpg NewPhone1 604.jpg NewPhone1 605.jpg NewPhone1 609.jpg

Just curious...are you going to be able to keep the floor as one piece?

I'm not planning on doing anything with my body until I get a complete rolling chassis. That way I can do actual sit-in mockups for positioning everything going in the body with all the set-in-stone chassis mechanicals in place. I want to minimize adding to my collection of not going to use stuff. If I run across an affordable replacement my current body may end up in that collection.

RatchetRob narrative from last picture

" Rum, RUM, RUM, eeeeeeeeeeeeeee, sideways !!!!!!!!!!, out of control, downshift, sideways AGAIN, catch it going thru the turn, red lights, good excuse, I swear I will never do that again!, thank you officer, wipe smile off face, sit in car for a while to contemplate my sins.

Get ready to do it again.

So ends first test drive in driveway.

John

No out will not be one piece. Going to leave it as one piece until I have it glued in. Then will cut out portion from tail on tranny to rear end for driveshaft. Figured it would stay flat and more stable that way.

John, hit the nail on head! Only part you left out was my wife screaming 'i told you the cops would get you!' lol followed by a slap to the back of the head! lol

No out will not be one piece. Going to leave it as one piece until I have it glued in. Then will cut out portion from tail on tranny to rear end for driveshaft. Figured it would stay flat and more stable that way.

Sounds like a plan to me!

So bit the bullet and ordered a Tig welder today. It's an AC/DC with pulse control and frequency control. I have a 110v Lincoln mig and bring a 220v Lincoln from work. This 200amp Tig will be a nice addition. Plus being able to do aluminum will cone in handy.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back