Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

RANT. Open at your on free will

tfeverfred

You step in your garage or where ever you keep her. You look her over. Yea.... she's sweet. You took all that time and energy to put her together. You go and grab a little bit of polish, and some windex and give her a going over. You grab the key from your pocket and put it in the ignition. Turn it. You hear it. That sound. The sound you built. You back her out and the neighbors look. Some smile, some just shake their heads. Doesn't matter. She's coming out. You and your T Bucket.

Roll her out. Go for a drive. No time for problems. No time for the crap that happened that day. Just drive or let her drive you.

Reason for this rant? A few hours ago, I was coming home from a friends house in my daily driver. Just as I pulled onto my street. This came on the radio:

[ame]

and I KNEW as soon as I got home I was taking my girl on a drive.

Get them done guys. Feed the hunger. Born to run.

This motivational message as been brought to you by........YOU!

Toss out your favorite music video related to cars an cruising. BRING IT!

Ok thats enough girley songs . There is only one song that IS THE Ultimate HotRod song. This was then!!!!!!!!!!
[ame="[media=youtube]xm5DPlNCmtk[/media]"]YouTube - Born to be wild - Steppenwolf[/ame]

This is now OH and dont forget Magic Carpet Ride that was the shiznit. kidding about the girley reference.
[ame="[media=youtube]YwLmmXGEEps[/media]"]YouTube - Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild (Live 2006)[/ame]

Well we have more in common than I thought.. hehe Music and cruisin go hand in hand, and you guys love the same great beat! But I do remember when a great tune like that came on, the pedal usually went down a bit also, feels soooooo good, and when ever you want to escape the hectic pace of the everyday World, it is the greatest escape... :)

I ended doing 105 in my 69 Lincoln to this tune.

[ame=[media=youtube]Jjq5Rq4sSZc[/media] - Black Crowes - Jealous Again[/ame]

Hey you guys easy I woke up to snow just east of Me they got 17 inches.
[ame=[media=youtube]4LNH27s5ULE[/media] - Bachman Turner Overdrive - Roll On Down The Highway[/ame]

This is one of my favorites but then I am a Fogerty fan ,,:cool:

[ame=[media=youtube]aVZjP0NGBsA[/media] - John Fogerty - Hot Rod Heart (Live - 2005)[/ame]

Here is another driving song, to get ya moving down the road. :welcome:

[ame="[media=youtube]KgZSnAkQc4c[/media]"]YouTube - Deep Purple - Highway Star[Original Live][/ame]

Take it to the streets, fellas!:welcome:

[ame=[media=youtube]G54lfxiid_w[/media] - Doobie Brothers - Takin' It To The Streets (High Quality)[/ame]

How about a little gospel muzak!

[ame=[media=youtube]2MrK9-6LEpE[/media] - ZZ Top Jesus Just Left Chicago LIVE!!! 1980[/ame]

I saw the Doobies live with Ted nugent in oklahoma city in 74 man where does the time go. WOW did we have a good time or what.

Aerosmith and ZZ top are in Tulsa in a few weeks and were goin.

rooster57 said:
Aerosmith and ZZ top are in Tulsa in a few weeks and were goin.

That's gonna be a sweet show!

RPM hasn't said this yet?

[ame=[media=youtube]PqwFfGgLPzM[/media] - AC/DC - Highway to Hell (Live At Arnhem 1979)[/ame]

[ame=[media=youtube]g8MYsii4DZY[/media] - Grand Funk Railroad - I'm Your Captain/Closer To Home[/ame]

Slowin' it down a little.

[ame=[media=youtube]8iffDvXTcm8[/media] - War - Low Rider[/ame]

T-odd yep anything AC-DC.

Listen to the first 15-20 seconds of this, and see if you think it sounds like a fuel car firing up and idling for a warmup? When I hear it I can almost smell the nitro! LOL

[ame=[media=youtube]YdQrP4ewXb0[/media] - Van Halen-Hot For Teacher with lyrics[/ame]

[ame]

My brither and I used to roll in his '68 Impala and toss in this tape just before a race.;)

[ame=[media=youtube]9lneyBoDq0c[/media] - 05 Def Leppard - Hysteria[/ame]

The whole cassette rocked. It would set the tone.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back