Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Rear leaf spring, pulling leaves

What a clean looking little 60's style bucket you have Nobux! Liking everything about it. ;)

My old T bucket (still have I, I found the body in 51) I used 2 T frames welded to make a box, original T springs, Hassler rear spring Shocks still is ver rou

When I replaced my 20-year-old Speedway front spring with a new one, the car sat an inch higher in front! So I took out the smallest leaf and it's back to normal height. I kept the leaf in case I need it back some day. The new spring has those slider buttons at the end of each leaf. Seems to ride better, and the water and rust don't collect between leafs.
'

When I replaced my 20-year-old Speedway front spring with a new one, the car sat an inch higher in front! So I took out the smallest leaf and it's back to normal height. I kept the leaf in case I need it back some day. The new spring has those slider buttons at the end of each leaf. Seems to ride better, and the water and rust don't collect between leafs.
'
I ordered spring liner to put between the leafs whenever I get back to it.

I put spring liners on my rear spring, as well as rounding and smoothing out the end of the leaves. I think it rides about as good as it is going to get, which is pretty good.

Honestly, I think changing the rims and tires made a huge difference. I saved 30 lbs per rear rim/tire by switching from steelies with 265/75 Light truck tires to aluminum wheels with 235/75 4 plys.

Honestly, I think changing the rims and tires made a huge difference. I saved 30 lbs per rear rim/tire by switching from steelies with 265/75 Light truck tires to aluminum wheels with 235/75 4 plys.[/QUOTE]

Good catch! With our lightweight cars, unsprung weight becomes a big factor in ride quality.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back