Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

rear shocks

butch27

Anyone know of a lightweight rear standard shock for a 1700 lb. Bucket? Mine are just standard Autozone shocks and I feel they are for a heavier car. I'm running banjo rear and buggy spring. Thanks Butch27

QA1 Chrome Coil Over Shocks

With a buggy spring, you may not notice the difference, but they're good shocks for a light weight car.

May need to get the weight on the rear of the car to make a good choice. Total weight of my sedan is 2460, but only about half of that is on the rear axle.

My original T-Bucket rear suspension was somebody's bad idea. I added a pair of air shocks ($100 for the pair), and now I have adjustable rear suspension. Actually better than I thought it would be.

Roger

Old Guy - What make and model of Air Shock did you use?

I wish I could give a real useful reply. I will give what I have. I got them on ebay....seller was sdbdauto. He has email at sdbdauto@gmail.com. It looked like he had lots of other stuff. My cost for 2 air shocks delivered to my door was $117.85. Purchase was made July 29,2016. I have posted some pics of my ride at Old Guy's keep busy project
The shocks are there, but you can't see much.
Roger

Fred... Why would you want to use a coil spring with a buggy spring? Just get the QA1 adjustable vale shock and adjust the valving to suit the ride. Adding more spring rate won't help a lite weight car in my opinion.

They're light weight and look better than a plain shock. So, disregard my post or have Ron delete it.

They're light weight and look better than a plain shock. So, disregard my post or have Ron delete it.

No need to remove your post Fred. Everyone has their on view of how to do things. I was just curious. I have seen a vintage American sports car build in the 50s that had a cross spring and hairpin style rear control good luck on your project.

George

I actually misread the question.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back