Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Restoring A T bucket that sat 10 + years

If you’re serious T Test, that’s cool and different. Also frightening. Four pedals. Left, right, gas and brake. You have 2 feet. Scary.

4th july pictures after a 25 miles scoot
CqcIdbIzxy64L9l17ih6RrFzXdS7wko5l3xZSsP4dZcW1m34TMeLZ_hrieKja7G_QteQmn0q2C1JhS4XjG9Lh5yZWfen-RdSFMzo79FY01-p_M0rMKLysiF40YnXIdWs2-AENmZDpXIhkSHpcdk9vnaH0L85fxPhCuxE9wsEeOCysfOFUyTUsThKKnKY2Ur2opscdDL1Swykqryxm9oLpGnXMeKnKKWU0-ktPNrUvWcU8dh9ZNZkhi8tTx_TU6uML2hS--J_JdmGAx_GudeqMgB_b__SP1A8tMK4yCXbNCLk1sjAub6d-faqa4t5MmalCExOodVMXNO7ZL5jljr6-Y6fwOv_5nbk4I0R8ybeK6gKAVie3-2k2Ug_azaEGkl5mRhcqT_Qr7OkHYI8eCj8i7vAIo1zVKjH7jWC48SplWQ1WJfwlACPsMpqQbKGVMeGQXWwKKb8JoWloVRjNUaBU2lZEuOmmVIia6OH-A-5NZ_DZfK79p4LDACDcdxd8gY9UUEwhAk9EVj-B8U7z_yVtfDXvRCYcroITWeid8BsgtnsmI6Mjos_EstD2z_x4wuIXJi8ydW05K4_2wIhA9Gv_-tnKRAYUrLWF3QBy82L02WbkQeOKO59iyxguzAap6rsm9qcDlttXLLSU9uvWAW96qy5EGSdL_9K=w668-h890-no

Seems the more i run it the better it runs, going to change the oil and filter soon, has around 140 miles on it i am thinking all the rust and crud from inside the engine should be in the oil by now it is looking dark on the dip stick . I am hoping the radiator will find its settle point soon getting antifreeze everywhere when i run down the road i did fill it to 1 " below the cap .

Yes i do but think i filled the radiator too full , radiator came with a one way valve only pushes water out at 15 lbs if i remember correctly

I am up to 300 miles on my T and she is going strong , I did find a 2" riser goose neck so i am going to run a wire to my fan so it will come on by itself the one that's on there is too short . right now i have it on a switch , thinking i will leave the switch also . waiting on cooler weather

I pulled my engine down this morning I decided to install a thumper cam and lifters parts are being delivered today . I went out this morning to locate all new gaskets

Which Thumpr cam did you buy, there are three?

Did you get springs ? ..... Are you going to measure for new pushrods?

Had new springs put in when heads got reground, only 350 miles on them as for the cam its not the heavy one was told to go with
12-600-4 due to not knowing all the info on the engine , adjusted the lifters but going to recheck this morning then pot the top on and see if i can get oil pressure

Are the new springs a stock replacement?

Guy, using springs because they're new doesn't work. It's like giving someone a pair of shoes, new or not, that don't fit him, he is going to feel pain sooner or later.
12-600-4 - Thumpr™
Are you using new lifters? make sure the springs are compatible!! (I can see Mike rolling in his grave, RIP)

Reactions: Guy

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back