Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Restoring A T bucket that sat 10 + years

Also check the valve train geometry and get the right pushrod length. Check for valve
spring coil bind, you might get lucky and then again you might not. Then it's going to
cost more money and you will have to do it right this time.

The machine shop reground and replaced the springs did tell me that they are the fuel injection heads most likely came off of an older corvette

I'm with Indy Cars on this one. You need to double check the springs that were used in the rebuild. Comp specifically says not to use stock springs with this cam! (see note 7 in the link below)

12-600-4 - Thumpr™

I'm with Indy Cars on this one. You need to double check the springs that were used in the rebuild.
I think he said it all came in a kit, I assume that's lifters and springs ??? I would still check installed height, especially since they did a valve job. Also the pushrod length needs to be correct or it will wear out the valve guides prematurely.

I think he said it all came in a kit, I assume that's lifters and springs ??? I would still check installed height, especially since they did a valve job. Also the pushrod length needs to be correct or it will wear out the valve guides prematurely.
There are little details that determine if it works good or works good for long... lesson learned the hard way for many... me included.

Are the fuel injection heads better than the 194 heads ?

I think '194' refers to the intake valve diameter in the fuelie heads and not a type of head. In my opinion, for a small block street engine you can't beat the Vortec head. Only down side is they require a special intake manifold, but in my case I was starting from scratch so it didn't make any difference. The Vortec will outflow a stock fuelie head, and I can attest they work great on my 350. No dyno numbers but my T-bucket really scoots off the line, even with 3.08 rear gears.

Not sure if anyone has any ideas, I have a noise in my engine can't seem to find it. Sounds like a lifter , I heard it while going though the bank ATM , I have adjusted lifters on that side again while running and is normal just sitting there once I put it in gear seems louder , due to my converter I did swap back to the original cam and lifters , I didn't want to get into a stall converter , I am having a very hard time getting my leg over the side to get in.

Valve spring? push rod? A broken spring can act like that. I hope you indexed the lifters and re installed them as removed. Does it miss or run ruff, or just tick?

Sometimes you can find a noise by getting a very long screwdriver and place the point (phillips or slotted, doesn't matter) on the engine in different places. Put your ear on the handle end of the screwdriver and listen. You will be surprised at how much you can hear.

I have one , works perfectly but still can't find noise , I am almost positive it's coming from the distributor cap. It's not that old , I removed the cap everything looking normal, also car is running perfectly

I called four different stores, one has the gaskets picking after going to breakfast with my buddies today

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back