Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Right front brake grabs

Looks like the shoes are not making equal contact. Cheap shoes are sometimes not exactly round. Did you turn the drums? If the brakes are not grabbing you found the problem. Good going!

The drums looked good. I did not have them turned. I seem to remember years ago when you had drums turned and bought shoes, there was a machine that they would put the shoes in and cut the arch to fit the drums to the matching diameter. With disc brakes, there is no need to do that.
Maybe that will be one of the next upgrades, Disc brakes.

40 years ago, I worked in an industrial brake shop making asbestos brake linings........I'm a dead man. :thumbsdown:

Yep. When I was in High School I worked at a gas station. When we were doing a brake job we would remove the drums and take the air hose and blow off all the brake dust. Back then we didn't know any better. Now they tell us it was a bad idea.

If my wife got a settlement like that, she wouldn't even pay to have my t bucket finished.....her next husband would do it.

I have been told there is still asbestos in some commercial or heavy duty brake and clutch linings. If your work area can tolerate water, it is safer to just use a water hose to spray off brake dust before or after a brake job. Brakes endure water exposure, so no increased risk. I did all my own brake jobs and guess I still will, but use more caution with dust exposure.

If I die from Mesothelioma before I finish my t bucket, I'm asking Neshkoro and Spanky to finish my car.....you guys can split up my oil can collection and tools.:thumbsup: Whoever gets here first, can have my vintage mini bikes.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back