Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Rotisserie

409T

Staff member
I know this probably will not pertain to T-buckets, but I know there are some of you who build other cars as well so I thought I would share. I found this set of plans for free on the internet, and decided to use them to make my own rotisserie for painting a Model A that I am building. I bought all new steel, all 3/16" wall, and wound up paying about $200 less than I would have if I had bought one of the ready made ones that you can find online. The biggest difference is that those are made with only 1/8 wall, and looking back I'm glad I used 3/16. This thing works so well that I can rotate it with the car on it 360 degrees with only one hand. It is a HUGE time saver for both body work and painting.
Plans:
Free Auto Rotisserie Plans - Free Auto Rotisserie Plans / Car Rotisserie Plans

and pics of mine:
_154047re.jpg

_162609re.jpg

I have one that I’m using to restore my 67 firebird droptop. Good tool. Mine doesn’t have the jacks, only screws, but works well. After restoring and repairing cars for years without one, I don’t know how I did it.

Fletcherson---it's called BRUTE STRENGTH---we all work smarter, not harder now that we've gotten older and wiser.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back