Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Same company, two different styles.

tfeverfred

These two T Buckets are Total Performance T's made by Don. he is a member on the NTBA. the black one is his and the blue one was a father son project. can you tell which one I like?;)

dons_t_buckets.jpg

dons_t_buckets_2.jpg

I like the black one. I'm trying to find pics of the interior. It was done REALLY well.

tfeverfred said:
These two T Buckets are Total Performance T's made by Don. he is a member on the NTBA. the black one is his and the blue one was a father son project. can you tell which one I like?;)

dons_t_buckets.jpg

dons_t_buckets_2.jpg

I like the black one. I'm trying to find pics of the interior. It was done REALLY well.

That black one rocks.The blue one is ok but the color is sucky

Yea, the color of the blue was cool to me, but mainly because the wide white walls look good on it.

Here's the interior of the black one. I was also mistaken about the black one, he did not use a TP frame. Just the body. Check out the foot room he gained by using cowl steering.

dons_t_buckets_3.jpg

Hey, Rick, notice the interior of the blue one. Dons said that trying to get the top roll was a pain. He said it would have made the passengers lean forward, it was so big. They ended up cutting so much off of it, that they basically eliminated it.;)

tfeverfred said:
Yea, the color of the blue was cool to me, but mainly because the wide white walls look good on it.

Here's the interior of the black one. I was also mistaken about the black one, he did not use a TP frame. Just the body. Check out the foot room he gained by using cowl steering.

dons_t_buckets_3.jpg

The black one is so chanelled that the trans tunnel is just about too big.But still a very nice ride i like it alot

I'm going to try and do my interior like he did on the sides and back. Mine won't have pleates and I'm going with a bench seat. On the edges of the body where the sides and back butt up, I'm going to put some of that chrome, flexible piping that is used for door edge guards. It will look good and cover any gaps I might have. I think I can pull it off.

Sounds like the plan.Love those split wish bones in the front.Don't get much more old style than that.

These are two great examples of two types of T builds. The medium or light ble body color with a white interior, around here in the early '60's the blue one would have been called a blue angel. Very popular color scheme bacthen on both rods and customs.

The black one is just sweet!

The last few bodies I've set up have had toeboards in them. What a difference that makes in foot room and comfort.

Youngster said:
These are two great examples of two types of T builds. The medium or light ble body color with a white interior, around here in the early '60's the blue one would have been called a blue angel. Very popular color scheme bacthen on both rods and customs.

The black one is just sweet!

The last few bodies I've set up have had toeboards in them. What a difference that makes in foot room and comfort.

HUH? I don't get it how can taking away 3/4 of an inch with a toe board GIVE you more leg room?Please explain that one please.

I just noticed the black one has the top frame from a T for a windshield with home made mounts. Cool and inexpensive too!

Youngster said:
I just noticed the black one has the top frame from a T for a windshield with home made mounts. Cool and inexpensive too!

It's also about 1-1/2" above the cowel.

It looks like whatever comfort was gained in leg room was lost with the tiny toe board. Maybe he has small feet, but there is no way my size 12" could get in there!

Rick...I was refering to foot room, not leg room. By adding a 10'' or 11'' panel set at 45 or 60 degrees between the firewall and the floor, I can rest my foot next to the brake pedal. I should add that I use a brake pedal shaped after a Mode a pedal. The passenger side also benifits from this. It's not so much like putting your feet in a funnel.

Youngster said:
Rick...I was refering to foot room, not leg room. By adding a 10'' or 11'' panel set at 45 or 60 degrees between the firewall and the floor, I can rest my foot next to the brake pedal. I should add that I use a brake pedal shaped after a Mode a pedal. The passenger side also benifits from this. It's not so much like putting your feet in a funnel.
Sorry Youngster same reply i can't see how taking away gives you more in any situation.Sorry

:lol:Rick, since you got me wanting to spray can primer my car black (bad Rick), I had to find these pics of the Krylon Special! His body is steel and he uses a GMC 6cyl. for power. Kinda neat little '27 bucket.

krylon_T.jpg

krylon_T_2.jpg

He's a regular on the HAMB site and yea, the cars paint was all done with spray cans! :lol:

Hmm... I wonder if that would work on glass?:eek::confused::)

Rick, I'm probably not explaining myself very well. You aren't taking anything away, you are acually adding more useble surface. How offten do you or your passenger have your foot flat on the floor with the toe of your shoe up to the firewall? It's the same type of floor used in ths stock T's all the way to the present.

If you look at both pictures you can see the windsheild is adjustable and that it tilted back. I would think if it was srtaight up, there wouldn't be that 1 1/2'' gap.

tfeverfred said:
:lol:Rick, since you got me wanting to spray can primer my car black (bad Rick), I had to find these pics of the Krylon Special! His body is steel and he uses a GMC 6cyl. for power. Kinda neat little '27 bucket.

krylon_T.jpg

krylon_T_2.jpg

He's a regular on the HAMB site and yea, the cars paint was all done with spray cans! :lol:

Hmm... I wonder if that would work on glass?:eek::confused::)

Damn love that interior

Well, I drive my '96 Buick with my left leg/foot all the way back with my heel against the front edge of the seat. My knee is up, as for my right foot it is forward like usual. I intend to sit in my bucket the same way, however, I'll add a little wood block to rest my right heel on, to steady it while pressing the gas pedal. A member on the NTBA had that suggestion and it makes sence.

Now, will it work with my Lokar shifter and possibly modified tranny tunnel? I don't know yet.

Youngster said:
Rick, I'm probably not explaining myself very well. You aren't taking anything away, you are acually adding more useble surface. How offten do you or your passenger have your foot flat on the floor with the toe of your shoe up to the firewall? It's the same type of floor used in ths stock T's all the way to the present.

Ah ok i think i have it the toe board is somewhat like a barber chain in that the area where your feet are is on an angle thus your feet are more comfortable.Right?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back