Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

SEE YA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been in remission for 3 years. I truly know what you're feeling right now. Love and peace from my family to yours. Cancer Warrior

Just before my grandfather passed away in 1980, my sister was a nurse at his care center. She reported that he started hearing voices and seeing people..........my grandmother who passed in 1962, his parents and other people he had known. My sister said that was common. I guess it might be those who have gone before us getting ready to greet us when we get there and telling us it's time to come over.

You might just start to recognize the visions and voices. They will help you cross over. When our times come, you just might help us across. We'll know you when the time comes.

God bless you and your family, may He bless all of you with His wisdom, may He provide you with strength and courage when you need it, may He comfort you during times of distress and sorrow.

Bill

Rick, Godspeed in your choice of Shiny Hot Rod in the Sky. I have lost my dad and 3 other family members this year. Not fun either side you look at. Hope you rest peacefully.

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/35terraplane-gets-bad-news-199690.html Mr.Rick,,, If you can and want to, this thread I posted is one for a friend from the other site... It was another one of my hot rod buddy's that was having a bad time in life and Me and another friend started posting some crazy stuff to lift him up while he was down... To get the whole picture, You will have to read the whole thing... I forgot how many pages it is... But it sure gave him a good laugh.... If you can read it... I really think you will enjoy it.... It did help lift him up while he was down.. Take care my friend..

I'm not a fag or anything but i love you guys.Every flat frickin one of you.
Rick, in early-October 2000, I learned there is nothing wrong with men crying. And more importantly, I learned how to cry. Do not feel shame when you have tears in your eyes. I've tears in my eyes every time I read this topic. And not just because I am really going to miss having you around here. You're really had me thinking these last few days. You'll doubtless remember the conversation we had a few weeks back about the situations we've recently found ourselves in and how that might change the way we approach things in the future. I'm really looking a lot harder at all of that.

There is nothing wrong with a man crying. We're allowed, aye? There is nothing wrong with a man dropping to his knees to ask God for help. We're allowed that, too. We all develop the macho-tough attitude, but we also all come to the time when we realize we're really not in control of anything. There are times when we have to ask for help. It demonstrates a lot of loving trust when one man asks another for help. And that loving trust is reciprocated when we can help those who ask for it. And there is nothing wrong with one man feeling love for another. As this topic clearly proves. It's a damn shame more men cannot experience the concept.

As far as the physical changes you're experiencing, about all I can say is to just let them happen. Let go and let God.

Rick, in early-October 2000, I learned there is nothing wrong with men crying. And more importantly, I learned how to cry. Do not feel shame when you have tears in your eyes. I've tears in my eyes every time I read this topic. And not just because I am really going to miss having you around here. You're really had me thinking these last few days. You'll doubtless remember the conversation we had a few weeks back about the situations we've recently found ourselves in and how that might change the way we approach things in the future. I'm really looking a lot harder at all of that.

There is nothing wrong with a man crying. We're allowed, aye? There is nothing wrong with a man dropping to his knees to ask God for help. We're allowed that, too. We all develop the macho-tough attitude, but we also all come to the time when we realize we're really not in control of anything. There are times when we have to ask for help. It demonstrates a lot of loving trust when one man asks another for help. And that loving trust is reciprocated when we can help those who ask for it. And there is nothing wrong with one man feeling love for another. As this topic clearly proves. It's a damn shame more men cannot experience the concept.

As far as the physical changes you're experiencing, about all I can say is to just let them happen. Let go and let God.

Mike. This is so very true, And well said too.....Thanks

You will be missed, Rick. My prayers are with you and your family. You will only know peace on the other side.

I've heard from Rick. I may have it confused (I've actually asked him for clarification), but it sounds as if they have moved a hospital bed into his home. And he said the bed was making things a lot easier for him.

I just ask those who are so inclined to continue praying. Pray for an understanding of God's prevenient and sustaining grace. Pray for comfort. Pray for strength. Pray for healing.

I've heard from Rick. I may have it confused (I've actually asked him for clarification), but it sounds as if they have moved a hospital bed into his home. And he said the bed was making things a lot easier for him.

I just ask those who are so inclined to continue praying. Pray for an understanding of God's prevenient and sustaining grace. Pray for comfort. Pray for strength. Pray for healing.

They do that at the end to make things more comfortable for the person. Essentially there is nothing else they can do so it is better to be at home with your family. We went through this with my sister in-law and it sucks that's for sure. I really feel for Rick and his family.

I got a call the first Friday of November last year from Lisa, she said she needed to go home (to WI) and asked if I could watch her house. Now a little backtrack for a second here... when Lisa's father had a heart attack a few years ago, Lisa's mother didn't even call to let her know... "it's no big deal, he's at home now, I didn't want you to worry" she said.

This time when she called Lisa she simply said, "Lisa, you should come home. You father is not doing well." So we immediately know it was bad.

Lungs, bones, brain, it was everywhere. Lisa left that night and didn't come back until the First Friday in December. He was at his home, with his his wife and daughter.

Lisa said the last thing he said was, "I want to stand up." They helped him up and he took what was his last breath, with them right there.

Yep. It's hard... but we all know at some point we will expire. Some know it will happen soon, some get blindsided and don't expect it, but we all know it will happen.

The spiritual hope that our belief and our faith is true and that we will be welcomed by Deity, and enjoy something that we understand and believe to be the real gift of our Creator.

Thoughts and Prayers again go out to Mike and his family and to all of you.

I've a pal, named Mike, who is exactly 7 days younger than I am. We lived within three blocks of one another, all the way through school. We were in the same kindergarten class with one another. We both grew up in the same church. While our families weren't visiting each other's homes all the time, the families were still close.

I lost my own mother back in 1982, so I knew what Mike was going to be going through, when his mother was diagnosed with cancer, back in 2000. The prognosis for her was not good, but the doctors promised they were going to hit her body with every last bit of radiation and posionous chemicals they could find. She asked if any of that would prolong her life and they admitted it likely would not.

With incredible dignity and serenity, she asked to be released from the hospital, refused all treatments and spent her last days with her family. I spoke with her once and admitted she was displaying a strength I didn't know I could ever match. Her words were that while the thought of quantity was good to have in Life, quantity means nothing without quality. Hardly a day goes by that I don't pray to have just 1/10th that much dignity, when I am being called home.

Rick is showing me that same strength and dignity.

Well folks,

We are a strange community that covers the globe, where some in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Finland and Argentina may never meet you guys in the USA, but we are all part of the T bucket family.

Now there come a matter of faith. From my perspective (outside the USA) it seems that most in the US have a faith. Maybe in other western countries, we have a lesser faith, I dont know.

But this I do know, when your time comes its an easier path of you are a person of faith, a more peaceful transition so to speak. Me, I choose a faith in Jesus, who I believe to be the Son of God. Others may chose a different path, but I would encourage you all to make your own peace, for eventually (or maybe sooner than we anticipate) our time on earth will be done.

Todd

(Mike if this is beyond our topic, please feel free to delete it)

Well folks,

We are a strange community that covers the globe, where some in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Finland and Argentina may never meet you guys in the USA, but we are all part of the T bucket family.

Now there come a matter of faith. From my perspective (outside the USA) it seems that most in the US have a faith. Maybe in other western countries, we have a lesser faith, I dont know.

But this I do know, when your time comes its an easier path of you are a person of faith, a more peaceful transition so to speak. Me, I choose a faith in Jesus, who I believe to be the Son of God. Others may chose a different path, but I would encourage you all to make your own peace, for eventually (or maybe sooner than we anticipate) our time on earth will be done.

Todd

(Mike if this is beyond our topic, please feel free to delete it)
Right on the mark Todd.

''life is only a temporary assignment''..... This is how I look at life now...

Rick, you and your family have been in my prayers. I'm new to this site, and only now beginning to know you through your post. My heart is already heavy with a sense of loss. I pray that your transition is peaceful and pain free. I pray that your family have strength, and the love of one another to carry forward through this sad time. May you and your family find comfort in our Lord. You are Loved, and you will be missed.

Michael

It is hard to find words at a time like this, just Praying for you and you family. We just lost my mother-in-law 3 weeks ago to breast cancer, she knew she had it for the last 8 months but never said anything to anyone, not even her doctor knew until we had to take her to the hospital because she had a hard time breathing. My wife did not know until then, she wishes she could have talked to her Mom about a lot of things, my father-in-law shot and killed himself about 8 months ago, he had a stroke 7 years ago and never got over it, we wonder if he knew about her cancer, we will never know. The reason i wrote all this is to let you know it is a good thing to be able to say your goodbuys to your family and all your friends. Peace be with you forever.
Jesse

Even though we have bent the normal rules here I hope if there are those out there that are offended can understand the reason the rules have been skewed slightly for this thread.

Rick, we're still praying for you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back