Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

For Sale Selling my "T"

JetMech727

Fresh build in March of 19 and has 1,924.8 miles. Runs and drives great. Comes with a new set of lakester headers, extra polished SS hot rod column, extra chrome 20" windshield frame w/glass along with a few other goodies. Don't need to sell it just want the room for my new project. Crate 320 horse Blueprint engine, B&M T350 tranny, B&M 2400 stall converter, Ford 9" w/373 gear and posi. No used parts were used in its construction. Passenger side door.

Contact me at 32ford1@cox.net

Jim2020-06-16 00.18.32.jpg 2020-06-16 00.19.05.jpg 2020-06-16 00.20.15.jpg 2020-06-16 00.20.48.jpg

Oh No !

BTDT.....and I was up to 6 cars at the time. Wife really does not want me to let it go. Said I'll just build another in a year or so anyway. She's probably right and has never said no to anything I've ever wanted to do. Thing is, my current project is larger and takes up more space and I'm tired of moving around the T. I've had 3 hot rods in the same garage all at once with very little issue but this is different. It costs me nothing to let it set except insurance but you all know as well as I do its not good to leave one sitting for extended periods.

Jim

Sorry Lee, just didn't think it would interest anyone. I have been looking for the right one for a long time now. I had another nest egg of cash saved back for my next hot rod build when this truck became available. I've looked at about 12 in about a 300 mile radius when this one fell into my lap. Garage kept, 1 owner, not driven in rain, awesome condition and 51k miles. So I jumped on it. The SSR was only in production from 03 to 06 with a total of 24,112 offered for sale. I just spent 3k on factory chrome wheels for it Friday. As you can see it fills the garage up and the T gets in the way. Lots of goodies being delived Friday. So the lowering kit this weekend is first on the agenda.

"T" needs to go.

Jim
04 Chevy SSR it was built May 17th of 04
2020-06-17 19.43.50.jpg 2020-06-17 19.24.47.jpg 2020-06-17 19.23.22.jpg

Cool ride Jim. My sons daddy in law has a black one, and really enjoys it. It took him a while for "just the right one" also. If you find any more nest eggs, add on to the garage or build a shop.;)

Very cool Jim, definitely needs lowering. Do they run the 3.8 V6 or an 8? Nothing remotely like that ever released down under.
Regards.

Had a friend with one over here in the UK. Full throttle acceleration and the MPG display dropped to 7 and then 5. He didn't keep it very long but it was cool as hell with that metal drop roof.

Cool! Sounds like I need to talk to him Lee. In all honesty I still have my big shop over in Foyil that I ran my hot rod business out of. Still have my frame jig, welders, cutters, sheet metal brake, ect, ect stored over there. I need to take some stuff out of the garage and put it over there in fact. That would give me a bit more room. I currently have the building loaned out to a buddy who owns a blown fuel hydro to run his race team out of. But still, I just don't want the "T" any longer and would rather have the room it's taking up. Kinda thinking maybe next year I can build a custom trailer like the old 1/4 midget guys use to use along with a track "T" and use the SSR as the tow vehicle. Right now I just need to get the SSR where I want it. The interior will be the most time consuming. It goes over Friday to have a partial wrap done similar to the photo.

But yeah, I get what you mean about more room where I need it. At home.

Jim
2020-06-18 01.45.48.png 2020-06-18 01.46.22.png 2020-06-18 01.46.50.png

Very cool Jim, definitely needs lowering. Do they run the 3.8 V6 or an 8? Nothing remotely like that ever released down under.
Regards.

Thank you Aus! I agree, but I'm not going to put it in the weeds. Just the tall grass. Plan on pulling the running boards off and maybe put some hot rod side pipes on tucked in a bit and low done in matte black. That will help give it the illusion it's lower then it really is.

The 03 & 04 came with the Vortec 5.3 which is a 324ci rated at 300hp. The 05 & 06 got a bump in HP with the LS2 which is 364ci @ 400hp. The truck is heavy at 4700lbs curb weight so the extra 100hp is nice. They come with 3:73 rear gears and a 4l60 auto trans (a limited number in 06 were offered a std trans as option). So I'll be going to probably a 4:11 or 4:56 gear, a 2500 or 3000 stall converter and give the tranny the corvette tune treatment. Cam the engine and possibly a blower. You know how it is. Possibilities are limitless. Just kind of depends on how much I want to throw at it. All my hot rods I've gotten tired of quickly but I think this is something I will be keep long term.

Jim

Had a friend with one over here in the UK. Full throttle acceleration and the MPG display dropped to 7 and then 5. He didn't keep it very long but it was cool as hell with that metal drop roof.

LOL! Yes, I can relate Gerry. Mine actually gets decent milage as long as I keep my foot out of it. But what fun is that? I'm going to screw all that up anyway. And with a 25 gallon tank versus the "T"s 10 gallon I can keep my foot in it longer between gas stations.:D

Jim

Gorgeous car Jim, if that was in Aus, it would carry a $60K price tag! Amazing what is asked for Rods here.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back