Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Short Notice - Cruise Lake Texoma

Indycars

If anyone knows Bob Barram, I thought you should know that he has been planning to attend Top of Texas (I think he didn't make it) Nationals in Tennessee and the Boerne TX run, but he has gone to the ER just before leaving and could not make it. Bob has been under going Chemo therapy for many months now. I know he had also set his sights on the Lobsta Run since he has family in Michigan.

This is going to be a very short notice, but I'm planning a two day cruise in the next 1-3 weeks that is only 1 hour from his house. It will all hinge on how he feels, his daughter will let me know this Sunday (July 11th) how he is feeling and whether I should make reservation for the July 13-15. Yes this is going to be hard to pull off, but I'm going to try. Please come and support a Veteran if you can. He won't know until after his daughter Rosey gives me the go.

If that doesn't work, then the next week will be the next goal and then the next week if that doesn't work.

So I said all that to ask if anyone can make it in their TBucket or their daily driver for an afternoon or stay longer if you like and maybe eat dinner on us at the cabin. I'm thinking that we will be staying on the south side of the lake in the area around "Willow Spring" or "Pottsboro" Texas.

If you have any questions please PM me on this forum. I can provide details as they become available.

One of the last text messages from him to me after talking about Borerne TX said .....

"I don't think I can plan on going anywhere again."

Rick that sounds like a great plan. Please keep us in the loop cause Bob is a great fellow. If I can make it any way I will be there....... I may have trouble meeting in the middle of the week but lets see what happens.....

Any of you Okies going to NSRA Mini Nats tomorrow? If so look me up, as I will be in the delivery pictured in my avator.

Rick that sounds like a great plan. Please keep us in the loop cause Bob is a great fellow.

Cool, all I can ask is for someone to try! Sorry I meant to send this yesterday!

OK, the cruise is set for Thursday July 14th - 16th. We will there on the afternoon of the
14th, check-in is 3pm and check-out on the 16th by 11am. If you can make it Wednesday,
your welcome to stay for dinner.

Location is Kingston Oklahoma, just 6 miles from Lake Texoma.

If you want the address, then send me a PM. I will also include my mobile phone number.

I have been working with his daughter Rosey and I don't think she has told him yet. Please don't contact him or post on the NTBA site, he does check the NTBA site.

LakeTexomaTripMap.jpg

We will be hanging out at this place !

LakeTexomaTripCabin02.jpg
LakeTexomaTripCabin01.jpg
LakeTexomaTripCabin03.jpg

Last edited:
OK, the cruise is set for Thursday July 14th - 16th. We will there on the afternoon of the
14th, check-in is 3pm and check-out on the 16th by 11am. If you can make it Wednesday,

Ok, I really screwed this up !!!

July 14th is Wednesday the day we check in at 3pm. Stay for dinner if you are there.

July 15th is Thursday, we will be around all day long except when cruising. Cooking hamburgers outside on the grill. Stay for dinner if you are there.

July 16th is Friday, we have to check out by 11am. Not sure if we will cruise before heading home or not. The drive home to Prosper TX is about an 80 minute drive.

Thanks for reading !!! I knew this was going to be a long shot for anyone to make it !

Thanks, Rick. Hope this works. Bob's a great guy and I know he will eat this up! He needs a little break from doctors and hospitals.

Bob Barram.jpg Bob B.jpg

Wow, seems I can't get much right in this thread ! :(

Hope this works. Bob's a great guy and I know he will eat this up! He needs a little break from doctors and hospitals.
Thanks Spanky for posting the pics, I didn't have the 2nd photo !

Darn-it I will not be able to do those days cause I have a Funeral to attend on Saturday and I need to go there on Friday so I sure hope that you get some help with the cruise Rick. Sorry about that......Tell Bob I said hello and get well.....

Sue Ann Miller posts on fb: “Where does a T Bucketeer from Texas and a T Bucketeer from Oklahoma meet up ? Lake Texhoma of course! Rick and myself along with Bob Barrum and family are cruizing, eating and relaxing.”

Texoma1.jpg Texoma2.jpg Texoma3.jpg Texoma4.jpg

I thought it would clear and I didn't have time to go around, but it sure made a noise when
it hit. There was some broken-up asphalt that I went over. I stopped to get out and look, but
I was looking for oil on the ground and never saw the damage until today. Now I know why
it made so much noise !

I've had a new oil pan in my Summit wish list for over a year that would give me another inch
of clearance. Guess it's time to make that purchase !!!

FP01_OilPanDamage01_02843.jpg
FP01_OilPanDamage02_02845.jpg
FP01_OilPanDamage03_02846.jpg

So, Rick . . . I guess your guardian angel is working overtime, eh?

PS - Was the oil pickup damaged?

Benefit of steel vs aluminum oil pan. Aluminum would have shattered.

Wow, hard to believe that didn't leak.

I was very surprised that it didn't leak also. I'm like you, hard to believe it didn't rip a big hole in the pan. If it had, my trailer was 1.5 hours away and I don't have a winch in the trailer yet, so even more problems just getting it into the trailer.

PS - Was the oil pickup damaged?

I won't know for sure until I get the pan off, first I need to get the new pan here before I start.

I will have to replace the pick-up anyways with a different pan.

Ouch! You lucked out, sort of. Sounds like a winch is headed into the wish list next, lol! Bummer that happened. Darned cruddy roads!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back