Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Side step question

Dr. J

I am restoring and rebuilding a 1923 T-bucket (hot rod with side pipes, no fenders) with an eye to entering it in local car shows. I would like to put some kind of nice-looking step on one or both sides. I see a hockey puck like pad for sale in catalogs, but no hardware to mount such a pad from the frame. Any pointers or assistance would be much appreciated.

-- Dr. J
JohnsonE7@sio.midco.net

I've seen people use floorboards from motorcycles,
49-0336.png

the old ford running board steps,

brassstepplatePHOTO-4556.jpg

or a step mfg for most T buckets... will be available from speedway (they just purchased total performance that that is one of there parts)

A273.jpg

depends on what you want for looks... obviously you would have to fabricate the bracket for the first two options...

LumenAl said:
I've seen people use floorboards from motorcycles,
49-0336.png

the old ford running board steps,

brassstepplatePHOTO-4556.jpg

or a step mfg for most T buckets... will be available from speedway (they just purchased total performance that that is one of there parts)

A273.jpg

depends on what you want for looks... obviously you would have to fabricate the bracket for the first two options...
Let me check tomorrow i still might have a Total step in the garage.

A long while ago, I seem to remember someone making one out a motorcycle kickstand. It even folded up out of the way. I'm not sure if it was on a T Bucket, but I can remember thinking how cool it was.

Anyone else seen this done?

Blast, wish I would of had that idea. Sounds pretty Cool.

Thanks, Butch27. Hey, you going to make it to the Bonneville Slat Flats for Speed Week this year ?

Hey Duke, I plan on being at Bonneville in September for Speed Week. We are just finishing up the Camaro that we will be running. Look me up if you make it, I'd enjoy meeting you. Hopefully, Larry, another member of the Forum will be there also.

Jim

I bought some hand rail brackets from my steel suplier, they had them marked down in his iron railing- fence hardware bins. they are cast steel-iron about a 3 in round where it attaches to the wall . curved neck and smaller round for rail attaachment. I'll try to get some picts later... I thought about using them on an antique model T speedster that I have been gathering up parts for. I have buggy steps on the first speedster .. they have about a 10 in rise to the mount.

Ex JUNK, Speed week this year is August 8 -15, So guess I will miss you. What is going on on the Salt in September?
Just realized the tread is being high jacked - Sorry, it wasn't on purpose. :eek:

Duke, my bad, the event that I'll be at is called WORLD OF SPEED Sept. 16 - 19, 2009.

Jim

That is cool. Think I'll get one on the wife's side (no door) and I can almost throw my leg over to get in.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back