Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

So, why a T Bucket?

Back to the original question: "So why a T Bucket?"

As a 10-year-old I was into building model hot rods (emulating what my dad did "full-scale") and my all-time favorite model was MPC's "Lil Evil T" -- that's what hooked me on t-buckets. About six years ago I had started saving up cash, learning new skills (e.g., welding, painting, etc.), and starting the planning process for my long-delayed t-bucket project. During the planning stage I realized that my dad's t-bucket was just about perfect! Given that I would inherit his car someday, it didn't make sense for me to build a second one -- so I shifted gears to a 1936 Nash Ambassador project (still a work in progress). Similar to what others noted in prior posts, I enjoy cars that are "something different" and I think the t-bucket (and my Nash) fits that description.

I inherited my dad's t-bucket last November, and have been driving the wheels off of it since then!
Top%2BOff%2B-%2BAt%2BBidwell%2BPark.jpg

VERY nice! And thanks for getting us back on track.:D

This guy from "down under" gets "it".

Yea, it takes real passion to build any kind of car over seas.

fadt.jpg

Sorry to hear about your loss. I bet you have a lot of great memories with him and cars.

Reactions: RPM
Back to the original question: "So why a T Bucket?"

As a 10-year-old I was into building model hot rods (emulating what my dad did "full-scale") and my all-time favorite model was MPC's "Lil Evil T" -- that's what hooked me on t-buckets. About six years ago I had started saving up cash, learning new skills (e.g., welding, painting, etc.), and starting the planning process for my long-delayed t-bucket project. During the planning stage I realized that my dad's t-bucket was just about perfect! Given that I would inherit his car someday, it didn't make sense for me to build a second one -- so I shifted gears to a 1936 Nash Ambassador project (still a work in progress). Similar to what others noted in prior posts, I enjoy cars that are "something different" and I think the t-bucket (and my Nash) fits that description.

I inherited my dad's t-bucket last November, and have been driving the wheels off of it since then!
Top%2BOff%2B-%2BAt%2BBidwell%2BPark.jpg

Very nice looking bucket! I like the brass front headlights and radiator......

I heard of a guy with wheelie bars getting sued by a car show spectator that tripped and fell over his. May be urban legend!

I heard of a guy with wheelie bars getting sued by a car show spectator that tripped and fell over his. May be urban legend!

The way people like to sue others with lawsuits because they don't watch what they are doing or read instructions.

full

Wouldn't this make a cool poster?

tblueprint.jpg

Yep, I can see the wheels turning now. You posted while I was typing. Man, that is a big poster. Would look good in my shop.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back