Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Soft Brake Pedal

I am in the process of bleeding my system for the first time tonight and am having issues with the fronts. My question is, on the residual valves, is the IN line the one from mast cyl and OUT the one going to wheels?????

Mast cyl..........in[[[[[resid valve]]]]]out.....wheel

that right???

I am in the process of bleeding my system for the first time tonight and am having issues with the fronts. My question is, on the residual valves, is the IN line the one from mast cyl and OUT the one going to wheels?????

Mast cyl..........in[[[[[resid valve]]]]]out.....wheel

that right???
Yes.

Jim

UPDATE:

My pressure gauge confirmed my thoughts about volume...Plenty of pressure in the front brake system if you cap off the hoses going to the calipers, just not enought volume to take up the slack between the pad and rotors.

I got a master cylinder for a '74 nova with a 1" bore and installed it. Much better, firm progressive pedal feel. If i have trouble get it to stop i will redrill the pedal to increase the ratio.

Thanks everybody for the help!

Glad you got it brakes are more important than horsepower in my book.

Well I now have over 1000 miles on the new master and it's still great......and I have Putz and this site to thank. :thumb: So far on the car I have over 10,300 miles on the car since May 20th 2009. :hooray: :flex:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back