Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Speed's DooWop nights

deckofficer

Banned
Hi All,

Follow the previous threads on NorCal event for details. As you have seen from previous picture posts, Yosemite, Tahoe, and Wine Country are all less than one day roundtrip drives from Plymouth, California and Speed's Diner. Coloma, where John Marshall discovered gold is also nearby (about 25 minutes from my house) and Old Hangtown (Placerville) is also a very short drive. Speed's Diner will be hosting DooWop night on the 2nd Saturday of each month during cruising season. If you want to cruise Yosemite, any month schools are still in, would be a prefered time to visit. Today before a big storm is due in I drove over to Hangtown and Coloma for some pictures to try and entice some of you to to Plymouth.
DSC013201014x760.jpg

DSC013161014x760.jpg

DSC013171014x760.jpg

DSC013151014x760.jpg

DSC013141014x760.jpg

DSC013101014x760.jpg

DSC013061014x760.jpg

DSC013211014x760.jpg

Bob

Yeah, you always tease me with your photos of your absolutely lovely backyard and man,how I wish this world wasn't so big so we could all enjoy in the cruise nights etc. I had to stop and do the Goggle Earth thing and do a reconnoitre of your area and noticed that there were some large cities near by so I hope that fellow rodders get out and support you. :thumb:

Whiplash,

There was a time in my work history that I traveled so much my passport started looking like a paperback novel with all the added pages for visa stamps. One place I missed was New Zealand and I want to see your country for a pleasure trip. My plan is to go sailboat cruising so that I can set my own timetable and destinations. Container ships kinda have to be at certain places not of my choosing.

Gulid,

Thanks for the kind words, I like how it looks and rides too. Winter time plans are to pull the Muncie M20 4 speed before my new found torque of 516 lb/ft @ 2800 sends it to an early grave and pop in a T56 Magnum 6 speed with double overdrive. I'm looking forward to putzing down the highway at 65 mph at a leisurly 1250 rpms. If it is a long winter there is a chance I'm going to change over to fuel injection.

Bob

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back