Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Steering issues need help!

Well, after looking again, it does appear they have been cut at the front and back. The top is still rounded and not straight. Good eye, Jim. Crappers, thats the second time this year I have been wrong. If you believe that, I have some unobtainables for sale also.

I dont have the " upload file " button Just a button that you can use an url to upload from the interwebs.
Another way to load photos is drag them into your replay. You won't need a "Upload" button.
NOTE: Since I do have an "Upload" button, I can't test this to make sure it works without the Upload button.

- Browse to your files
- Highlight all the files you want to post
- Left click one of the highlighted pics and drag them over to your reply
- Release the mouse button when you see "Drop files here to upload".

DragPicsToReply01.jpg

DragPicsToReply02.jpg

Another way to load photos is drag them into your replay. You won't need a "Upload" button.
NOTE: Since I do have an "Upload" button, I can't test this to make sure it works without the Upload button.

- Browse to your files
- Highlight all the files you want to post
- Left click one of the highlighted pics and drag them over to your reply
- Release the mouse button when you see "Drop files here to upload".

View attachment 17770

View attachment 17771
Well Wesley White,

Did it work or not? I could sure help alot of people that don't have an "Upload" button if
I knew the answer ???

Last edited:
Indy, I tried it and it worked for me. Drag and drop.
Thanks ChoppedTop for letting me know what you found !

Do you have a "Upload a File" button ?

Yes, I do have the elusive upload button. I wonder if it makes any difference on the drag and drop, or copy and paste?
Jim, that is Teds.

Hi This is Jerry, i would like to know what the brand name of the r&p set up that potvinguy has on his t bucket thats the set up i would like to install on my car. Please somebody call me 509-952-2855 Thanks Jerry

Hi This is Jerry, i would like to know what the brand name of the r&p set up that potvinguy has on his t bucket thats the set up i would like to install on my car. Please somebody call me 509-952-2855 Thanks Jerry
Just PM him, he will answer.

I believe it's a Honda Civic. We went to a steering shop and picked the smallest one. The front crossmember is open on the bottom:rack n pinion.JPG
You can see how the R&P is mounted with clamps.
You will probably want some kind of damper. I used these motorcycle ones:
Adjustable, lotsa them on eBay.
P1020943.JPG
Note the steering arms. Ron at RPM send me a set without holes so I could cut and drill them to make it all fit. arm_1.JPG
black damper.jpg

I believe it's a Honda Civic. We went to a steering shop and picked the smallest one. The front crossmember is open on the bottom:View attachment 17918
You can see how the R&P is mounted with clamps.
You will probably want some kind of damper. I used these motorcycle ones:
Adjustable, lotsa them on eBay.
View attachment 17919
Note the steering arms. Ron at RPM send me a set without holes so I could cut and drill them to make it all fit. View attachment 17921
View attachment 17920

Get we get some pictures of your steering linkage?

It's real simple, just a shaft from the R&P, running along the frame rail to a double U-joint to the steering column.
RnP Ujoint.JPG shaft support and double Ujoint.JPG Note that you always need supports at both sides of a double U-joint for stability. I'm also going to put a shaft support at the R&P U-joint just to make the linkage as slop-free as possible.

Hi This is Jerry, went to the wrecking yard today found a 2009 nission sentra looks like it will fit. Sunday i will be looking at what iron i will need. A really big thanks to potvinguy this really put me on the right track. Thanks Jerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back